Hello, my crafty friends. Marla here, sharing a mixed media Christmas card. Over the past few months, I have shared several cards using the Beautiful Blooms “Peace” stamp and die set. I can’t get enough of this beautiful cardinal. Don’t you love stamps that you can use over and over and never tire of them? This card is packed with a lot of layers, so let’s jump right in.
1. Stamp and die cut the cardinal from the ECD Beautiful Blooms “Peace” stamp set onto watercolor cardstock. 2. Color with Distress Watercolor pencils in “Candied Apple and Barn Door”.
3. Sprinkle “Evergreen Emerald and Mountain Meadow Green” Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Magical” powders onto watercolor cardstock. Spritz with water to move the powder and dry.
4. Splatter the panel with more water to add a water droplet pattern. Die cut four pieces of holly using the die from ECD “Winter Greens”.
5. Cut another piece of watercolor cardstock to 8.25 x 3.25 inches. Spritz the cardstock with water and add “Rudolph’s Nose Red” Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Magical” powder. Spritzed again with water and heat set.
6. Use a text stamp and black waterproof ink and stamp onto the background. Then add gold watercolor paint around the edges of the panel and splatter more gold paint onto the background.
7. Add texture with “Grit Paste” and a stencil from ECD “Happy Pattern”. Sprinkle “Candied Apple” Embossing Glaze over top of the “Grit Paste.” Once the paste has dried heat set the Embossing Glaze.
8. Adhere the panel to black cardstock cut an 1/8″ larger than the 8.25 x 3.25 mixed media background and add to a cardbase.
9. Arrange the holly and the cardinal in two corners. Die cut and color red berries using the ECD “Florals 12” die and add clear “Morning Dew” Nuvo drops for dimension and shine.
10. Build two small flowers with the ECD “Florals 14” die and glitter cardstock. Add a small black enamel dot to the center. Add the flowers to the holly.
11. Finish the card with a large die cut sentiment of your choice.
Thank you for joining me today. I have linked all of the ECD products I have used on my card today for easy shopping.