It’s Tanja here and today I would like to show you how to create these adorable little Christmas Tags step by step.
Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel. When I first saw the new Christmas Elves Peel-offs, I could not wait to use them on the Katie Label Accordion. I love discovering new ways to use dies, so when I realized I could make a 4-sided luminary with the Katie Accordion I was excited. Safety reminder: This luminary is designed for a battery-operated tea light candle, not the wax and wick variety. Let me show you how I made it.
1. From red card stock cut 4 Katie Accordion panels, cut off both of the little side tabs on all 4 panels.
2. From pattern paper cut 2 Katie Accordion panels, cut out the center label (I didn’t use the frame portion).
3. From green card stock cut 2 sets of Katie Holly Frame Edges (total of 4 each size for a total of 8 frames). Die cut 6 flourishes using the accessory die in the Katie Label Accordion.
4. Adhere double sided adhesive to a 2.5″ x 5″ piece of white cardstock. Using the string of lights die from the Holiday House set, die cut 5 strings of lights. Working one string of lights at a time, remove the release sheet from the adhesive, cover with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, shake off excess, polish the glitter with your finger. Color the glittered strings of lights with alcohol based markers.
5. Adhere a piece of double sided adhesive to white cardstock large enough to fit desired Christmas Elves Peel-offs.
6. Place desired peel-off stickers sticky side up on the release sheet. Take your white cardstock with the double sided adhesive and place it sticky side down onto the release sheet. Your peel-offs will now be stuck to the adhesive.
7. Cover the adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, shake off excess and polish with your finger. Color images with alcohol based markers, then cut out images.
8. Adhere all pieces to Katie Label Accordion per photos below. Tip: To aid in keeping your peel-off sentiments straight, use a Transfer Sheet to transfer the Merry Christmas peel-off sticker to your project (tip courtesy of Frances Byrne).
9. Lay your Katie Label Accordions with the long tabs to the right and use liquid glue to adhere them all together. Connect the last tab to the first panel to create a box. The luminary will fold flat for mailing or storage.
I hope you were inspired by my tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products –
641 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
2582 Christmas Elves Peel-offs in Black
2576 Merry Christmas Large Peel-offs in Black
7010 Glitter Borders Peel-offs in Red
Other Products –
Cardstock in Real Red, Whisper White & Wild Wasabi (Stampin’ Up!)
Striped paper (DCWV Holiday stack)
Mono Aqua liquid glue (Tombow)
Spectrum Noir Markers
Judi Kauffman is guest designing today with a Christmas Elves Trio, cards that are sure to bring lots of smiles.
Thank you, Joset. I’m glad to be back. I’ve been playing with my Christmas Elves peel-offs all week, getting a head start on holiday card making. This trio uses the outline peel-offs and I still have the leftovers (the negative shapes) for another round of cards.
1. Place outline peel-offs onto white cardstock.
2. Color with markers, accent with white gel pen dots and doodles.
3. Cut around the peel-offs. Set all of the pieces aside in the lid of a box or in a baggie so none of the little shapes get lost!
4. Using the Mini Mosaic folder or any allover pattern you prefer, emboss a 4” x 5” piece of Green Iris Shimmer Sheetz for each card.
5. Cut a solid color cardstock rectangle measuring 5.5” x 8.5” for each card base. Score and fold in half (A2 size, 5.5” x 4.25”, fold at left).
6. Cut a strip of patterned paper measuring 3” x 12” from 12” x 12” Lemonade Stand sheet
(side with starburst pattern). Mat to red cardstock with an eighth-inch border.
7. Using photos for placement of the elements layer and assemble card fronts. Use foam tape or dots for dimension. OPTION: Cut a 5/8” x 4” strip of red cardstock. Trim away a V-shaped wedge at one end to create a banner. Add Merry Christmas peel-off. Add the banner to the card front.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
2582 Christmas Elves in Black
2576 Merry Christmas Large in Black
SS1070 Shimmer Sheetz in Green Iridescent
E116 Mini Mosaic Embossing Folder
502 Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets
ColorMates Smooth & Silky 90# cardstock in White (WorldWin Papers)
Gelly Roll Medium pen in White (Sakura of America)
Lemonade Stand Collection paper in 16301392 “Good Times” (BoBunny Press)
Cardstock in Red, Green, Chartreuse
Foam tape or dots
Fine point scissors, craft knife, straight edge, cutting mat, sanding block
Embossing machine (Cuttlebug or other)