Its Jackeline here and today I want to share a beautiful holiday project. Christmas is around the corner and we all have special people who deserve to be reminded how much we love them. What it is more joyful than a handmade card filled with love? To make these cards even more special I prepared a personalized envelope for mailing and a CardStand/Easel for display.
Let’s get started.
Making the Cards:
- Cut black cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score at 4 1/4″ and fold in half to create a side-fold card base.
- Cut patterned paper of your choice to 4 x 5 1/4″.
- If you are using the Jacky’s Dolls in Oval peel-offs, cut a piece of the same cardstock as the card base measuring 2 ¾” x 4″. If you are using the Jacky’s Dolls in Circle cut a piece measuring 3 1/4″x 3 3/4″.
- Apply Transparent DoubleSided Adhesive Tape to white cardstock. Transfer the outline of Jacky’s Dolls in Oval peel-off to the adhesive side and, using the glitter coloring technique, add Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to peel-off. Color with alcohol markers of choice. Watch Els demonstrate this technique HERE
- Finally add some border line peel-offs to the edges of the rectangles and the sentiment ‘Merry Christmas’. Match the border lines and sentiment to the color of the outline peel-off, or mix and match.
Making the Card Stand/Easel:
6. Cut a 6 ¼” x 5″ piece of Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz and die cut the stand using the Card Stand/Easel die. For added durability, cut the first Shimmer Sheetz Easel with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and cut a second Easel from Shimmer Sheetz or heavy cardstock. Layer/adhere the two before folding on the score line.
Making the Envelope:
7. Cut a piece of Soft Finish Cardstock to 6 ¼” x 11″.
8. Make 2 score lines, the first one at 3 ¾” and the second one at 8 5/8″. Fold along the score lines.
9. Use narrow Clear Double Sided Adhesive to secure the sides of the envelope.
10. To decorate, add Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to Soft Finish Cardstock (230 gr) and die cut two pieces with the Flower Cluster 2 die.
11. Place a Flower Cluster on the upper left and lower right corners of the envelope as shown below. NOTE: This envelope should be delivered in person. The fine linear elements in the Flower Clusters are too fragile to survive the postal system. Option: If you do want to mail it, enclose it in a clear outer envelope to protect it and show it off. Write the address on the Soft Finish Cardstock envelope and put the postage stamp on the upper right hand corner of the clear envelope.
Fold the easel in half as shown below and tuck it into the envelope with the card and it’s ready to be on its way! I hope you enjoy this easy and lovely idea.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
-Dark Green ,light green and red cardstock.