Hello Crafty Friends! Kathy Jo here to share a scrapbook layout using lovely newly-designed dies from Suzanne Cannon’s A Way With Words collection. Memories, Remember, and 4 Seasons have sparked my scrapbooking flame. I just can’t get enough of them! Today I am sharing a recently completed layout using the Memories, happy, and heart dies.
Happy first week of Summer to my Northern Hemisphere crafty friends! Summer is easily my favorite season and it always seems that the time flies by. This year I decided to create a little mini album to capture some of the happy summer memories. The album is the first album I have created and it was so much fun…I know I will make more! Perhaps some of my family and friends will see a mini album in their future. (big smile!)
The mini album was not designed by me (I found the instructions on Pinterest) so I will provide a link to the album instruction at the end of this post. However, I can share photos of my take on the album…and I have many to share…so let’s start!
The front of the album with Suzanne Cannon’s lovely Summer die and bright and cheerful Graphic 45 papers:
The back of the album has Celebrate (because I think every summer day is a celebration of season):
The mini album is accordion style…so neat!
The album contains panels for photos or journaling.
Following the cheerful theme I used the “happy” die on the front inside panel:
“Remember” definitely had to be used on this wee album…
…as did “Memories” (so pretty!!)
The heart is elegant and happy (had to be added!)…
…and “Dream” (one of my favorite dies!) will be used with a photo of my sweet puppy sleeping…
Here are the outside panels…
…and the inside panels…
Oh – I so look forward to adding all my photos, journaling and embellishments to this cheerful album! (Can you tell I enjoyed making it?)
Elizabeth Craft Designs products:
- “Summer” die from the 4 Seasons die set
- “Remember” die
- “Memories” die
- “happy” die from the Happy Birthday 2 die set
- “Dream” die
- Heart die from the Calligraphic Elements 1 die set
Other products used:
- Graphic 45 Mother Goose papers
- Card stock in black and ivory
- Black sheer polka dot ribbon
- Wet glue
- Embellishments of your choice
As promised, here is the link to the album instructions: http://embrace-serendipity.blogspot.ca/2016/04/baby-boy-girl-accordion-zig-zag-mini.html
Thank you for stopping by! I do hope you enjoyed the album.
Hello everyone, it’s Joset here and I’m exited to show you this little photo booklet that I created using the Tags & More 8 – Lattice die set. This is an easy project but so much fun! I picked the Lattice set as I really like the design but you can create a booklet like this using any of the other Tags & More die sets. I decorated my booklet using some of Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Flower dies. Let me show you how I created this project.
We’re first going to create the 4 pages of our booklet. Each page has a different size so when the booklet is closed, the lattice pattern on each page nicely overlaps.
1. Using the main tag shape die from Tags & More 8 – Lattice, cut one tag from blue patterned paper 6″ long. For information on how to cut a tag using one of the Tags & More dies, watch the video by Els van de Burgt below.
2. Position Lattice decorative overlay die over the tag so the hole in the overlay lines up with the hole in the tag. Run this through your die cutting machine.
3. Using the 4 hole die, cut holes at the bottom of the tag.
4. Cut 4 reinforcements from green cardstock and adhere around the holes from the tag. The picture below shows the finished tag and the dies used to create the tag.
We’re now going to create the rest of the tags that will finally form the 4 pages of your booklet.
5. Cut one basic tag from blue cardstock the same size as the tag cut in step 1. Cut the 4 holes using the 4 hole die.
6. Now cut 6 more tags: 1 tag with lattice pattern 7.5″ long from green patterned paper and 1 basic tag the same size from light green cardstock without lattice pattern. 1 tag with lattice pattern 9″ long from blue patterned paper and 1 basic tag the same size from blue cardstock without pattern. 1 tag with lattice pattern 10.5″ long from green patterned paper and 1 basic tag the same size from light green cardstock without pattern. Cut the 4 holes at the bottom of each tag. In total I cut 8 different tags in 4 different sizes. See photo below.
7. Adhere each tag with lattice pattern on top of matching basic tag. You will now have your 4 pages for your booklet. See photo below.
8. Stack pages and thread ribbon through each of the 4 holes.
And here comes the fun part…decorating your booklet!
9. I decorated the front of my booklet using the new Victorian Flower Set 1 and Victorian Flower Overlay Set 2. Cut solid flowers from Australian Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz. Cut flower overlays from cream cardstock backed with Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet. Remove release sheet and cover adhesive with Antique Silver Silk Microfine Glitter. Cut 2 flower centers from Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.
Remember – you MUST use the metal adaptor plate when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Inside your machine’s standard cutting sandwich place the following in this order: Metal plate, Shimmer Sheetz, die with the cutting side facing DOWN toward the metal plate.
10. Assemble flowers and adhere to front of booklet. Cut 2 Flourish with Flowers from light green cardstock and adhere as shown.
11. Adhere a piece of Australian Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz to a piece of Trandparent Double Sided Tape Sheet the same size. Cut small squares using Lattice decorative overlay die. Place a few squares back in the die cut squares at the top of each tag.
12. Decorate the inside of your booklet as you like. Adhere pieces of cardstock where you can add photos once your booklet is finished. Cut triangle corners using the corner die included in Tags & More 8 – Lattice. Optional: Add gold Glitter Border Peel-offs around cardstock squares. Decorate the pages as shown in the photos above and below, or as you prefer.
The square border on the right is cut using the border die included in Tags & More 8 – Lattice.
Add more corners if you like. Corners above are cut from Australian Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz.
I decorated one of the pages with an embellishment cut with the Flourish with Flowers die (also used on the front cover).
Use Victorian Overlay Set 2 to create a beautiful decorative flower. Cut from cardstock backed with a piece of Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet. Cover adhesive with Soft Teal Silk Microfine Glitter.
On the last page I created a little pocket for little memories. I cut 2 basic tags using Tags & More 1 – Lace. To create the words “Memories” I used the new Alphabet 1 Caps. Put your cardstock on adhesive first before die cutting as this makes it easier to adhere the letters. TIP: To get the word “Memories” on the right spot, first stick your letters on a piece of leftover backing paper. You can position your paper with the letters just above or below where you want your word. Place the letters one by one in the correct spot.
This was such a fun project to create and I can not wait to start putting some pictures in my little booklet. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and you feel inspired to create a memory booklet too using the versatile Tags & More die sets.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Fine Pointed Tweezers (801)
Cardstock: Light Green, Blue and Cream
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 – Artisan Style Collection