We are so excited for the holiday season, and want to invite you to join us in the December Day-By-Day!
December Day-By-Day is a wonderful way to document the month of December in your ECD Planner! Create a page for every day leading up to Christmas, or for every day in December –– it’s up to you!
Your December Day-By-Day planner can be used to showcase your favorite photos, organize your shopping list, share your favorite recipes and more! #DecemberDBD is the perfect way to celebrate and reflect in the month of December.
More Important Info!
We will have a special discounted collection in both November and December for all those participating in December Day-By-Day!
ALSO, every week, starting the week of November 4, we will give away a $25/€25 gift card to someone who has posted about #DecemberDBD. Every post is an entry in the weekly drawing, so be sure to hop on social media each week to show us your progress!
We can’t wait to see everyone’s #DecemberDBD progress throughout November and December!
Happy Technique Friday!
Today, Els is creating these adorable planner pages to celebrate her granddaughter’s birthday!
Watch the tutorial, download the project sheet, and shop the supplies –– all on the Technique Friday Project Page!
Let us know if you’ve tried this project!
To create the album:
- Cut two chipboard pieces 10” x 5” and one spine 10” x 1”.
- Cut the spine piece of Come Away with Me paper for the outside of album at 4” x 12”.
- Cut the second piece of Come Away with Me paper for the outside front and back at 5” x 12”. You will need two pieces.
- On the backside of the spine piece, use ¼ “ Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive down both 12”sides. Then attach the two outside pieces on both sides of the spine paper.
- Tape all edges of the chipboard. Remove the tape liner and lay the chipboard spine centered on the backside of the spine paper. Add each chipboard side leaving 1/8” beside the spine.
- Miter all four corners and tape the edges of the paper and fold it in on the chipboard.
- Cut an inside spine piece from the Come Away with Me paper 9 ½” x 3”. Cut two inside papers at 9 ½” x 4 ¾”.
- Tape the back side of the spine paper and cover the chipboard spine. Tape the back of the two side pieces and cover the chipboard on each side.
To decorate the album front:
- Cut a piece of brown cardstock 4 ¼” x 7” and using the 960 Tags & More 7 – Vine, cut a decorative edge on each end.
- Cut a piece of Come Away with Me paper 4 ¼” x 6” and using the Tags & More 7 Vine, cut a decorative edge on each end. Cut 1/8” off each side so the brown cardstock frames the paper.
- Using the Alpha Caps die, die cut from brown cardstock the word “PHOTOS” and glue onto the mat.
- To cover the holes from the tag die, glue two dew drops.
- Fussy cut out from the Come Away with Me paper and add to the bottom of the album.
- Cut out two Victorian Flower Set 1 from Bronze Shimmer Sheetz and emboss one with the Fleur De Lis embossing folder.
- From the Come Away with Me paper, die cut one Victorian Overlay Set 1 flower and glue to the shimmer sheetz flower.
- Cut out a flower center from the die and glitter the center with Chocolate Silk Microfine Glitter. Glue to the flower center and add to the album front.
To decorate the inside of the album:
- Cut a 4 ¼” x 6 ¼” piece of brown cardstock and die cut using Tags & More 7 – Vine. Tape the sides and bottom and tape it on the left side and tie crème ribbon to the top to create your first pocket.
- Cut 4 ¼” x 4 ¾” piece from Come Away with Me paper. Trim 1/8” off each side, score at 2 ¾ “from the bottom and fold the top down. Tape both sides and the bottom and attach on top of the brown pocket to create your second decorative pocket. Add Dew Drops to cover the hole and create a design along the scalloped edge.
- For the pullout tag, cut a 3 ¼” x 7” piece of Come Away with Me paper and die cut using Tags & More 3 – Leaves. Decorate with brown and crème ribbon and a photo.
- Fussy cut pieces from the paper collection to embellish your pockets.
- Cut 6 brown cardstock pieces 4 ¼” x 6 ¼” and die cut using Tags & More 7-Vine scalloped die. Five of the tags need to measure 6” long and then score each one at 5” from the bottom. Fold on the score lines and tape the back 1” on each tag.
- Approximately ½ “ from the top, place your first tag. Right under the first tag, lay the next five. The last tag will need to be cut down to about 4 ¼” to be even with the paper that the waterfall is built on. Trim as needed.
- Using the Come Away with Me paper, you will need eleven mats for each waterfall tag. Cut at 4 ¼” x 4 ¾” and die cut using Tags & More 7- Vine. Trim 1/8” off each side and each one should be 4 ½” long. Place onto front and back of each waterfall and cover the hole using a Dew Drop. Decorate with your favorite photos.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial and have fun making your own photo album.
Elizabeth Craft Designs: