Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel Mason here with Pop It Ups Wednesday! I see so many possibilities with Karen Burniston’s new Pop Stand dies. Here’s just one way to make to make an additional pop up element in your card. I added a Mommy Rubber Ducky watching over her babies as they frolic in the bathtub. Let me show you how I made this card.
1. Cut pink cardstock at 5.5 x 8.5 score at 4.25.
2. Place Pop Stand die on the score line of card base as shown in photo below.
3. Cut pattern paper at 3.5 x 5.5 and adhere to front. Cut pattern paper at (2) 1.5 x 5.5 and adhere inside top and bottom of card. Use photo for placement.
4. Die cut the following pieces shown in photo:
From Rectangle Pull Card: pink cardstock (1) spinner and (3) small rectangles – pattern paper (1) large rectangle – green cardstock (3) frames.
From Bathtub Pop Stand: pattern paper (2) bathtubs -white cardstock (3) sets of claw feet and (2) bathtub top portion only cut along the score line -White Iris Shimmer Sheetz (2) row of bubbles and (1) set of loose bubbles – Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz (1) faucet – yellow cardstock (5) small ducks.
From Rubber Ducky: yellow cardstock (1) duck and (1) wing – orange cardstock (1) beak – black cardstock (1) eye.
From It’s a Girl/Boy: white cardstock (3) sets of It’s a Girl.
5. Assemble pieces from step 4. Adhere large rectangle to front of card. Adhere green frames to small pink rectangles, add (3) small ducks in the frames then adhere to front of card. Adhere all 3 layers of sentiment together then adhere to front of card. Adhere claw feet to bathtub. Optional: I adhered a set of claw feet to the inside facing tub as well as the back side. Adhere white bathtub edge to both bathtubs. Adhere both rows of bubbles, (2) small ducks and faucet to the inside edge of the bathtub. Adhere loose bubbles over the bathtub edge. Adhere wing, beak and eye onto Rubber Ducky.
6. Thread 7.5″ ribbon through holes of card base and tie a knot on front of card.
7. Adhere bathtub to Pop Stand. Place bathtub right side down on the card so feet are lined up with the tabs. Apply adhesive to the top facing side of the tabs then press tabs onto feet to adhere. Repeat this step for the other side.
8. Work the 3 folds in the spinner. Adhere one spinner end to card floor with the edge touching the edge of the bathtub feet. Adhere other spinner end to the bathtub feet. See photo below.
9. Adhere duck to front of spinner.
10. Add Glitter Border Lines and Glitter Dots per photo.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Barely Banana cardstock from Stampin’ Up!
pattern paper from SEI
white ribbon from my stash