It’s Esther here. December 1st is just a few days away, which means it’s almost time to start your daily #DecemberDBD journaling! (You can learn more about the December Day-By-Day Challenge here.)
Today, I’m here to share some ideas and tips for your #DecemberDBD journal. I recommend trying to add pictures to your pages each day –– from “normal” things like doing the dishes or groceries, and a full/empty fridge. It really doesn’t matter what you take pictures of –– everything you do on a single day is fine. It’s more about documenting each day, whether it’s work, sports, watching tv, cooking diner, babysitting, laundry, etc.
If you find yourself lacking inspiration on a certain day, here’s a list of some themes/ideas that might help:
- Photo of your craft desk/room
- Buy yourself a treat/something you really like to eat and try to make a stunning picture of it to use in your journal
- Your favorite (Christmas) song
- Decorating your tree
- A black & white picture
- Write a letter to Santa and hide it in your journal
- Take pictures of December decorations in your area, or go to a garden centre or decorated shop to take pictures.
- Wrapping presents
- Create a tag
- Your favorite (feel-good) movie
- A selfie
- Your pets or birds and other animals in the garden
- Donate $5 to charity
- Your favorite Facebook group 😉
- Christmas cards you are sending and/or receiving
- Your front door or house
- A recipe
- Hot chocolate or a good cup of tea/coffee
- Your dream house
- Shopping list
- Family tradition(s)
- PJ’s all day –– staycation
- Cleaning a closet or a room
- The sky/the weather today
- The kitchen
- Work moment
- What makes you happy?
- Make a page with paint or watercolor
- News: What’s happening right now –– local or worldwide
- New Years wishes
If you are planning to journal through the full month of December (1–31st) to review the past year, you can also add things like: the best thing that happened last year, the saddest thing that happened last year, milestones, etc.
For our Dutch members there is also Sinterklaas on December 5th –– a great subject for your December-Day-By-Day journal/ planner!
I hope this helps give you a little bit of inspiration as we get ready to document our December! Don’t forget to join us on the ECD Planner Page on Facebook to see other crafters’ planner pages, and to share pictures of your own!