Hello my crafty friends Christine here from Susan’s Garden Design Team. Today my post is using Susan’s Victorian Teacup and Saucer Die Set along with Garden Notes Hydrangea in blue and white. Els’ Fitted Hearts and Scalloped Heart Dies also used.
Here is how card was created:
- Create a 6″ X 6″ card base from White Soft Finish Cardstock. This card is a tent fold but also could be made as a side fold. Ink edges (Distress Ink – Antique Linen used here)
- Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 5-3/4″ X 5-3/4″ emboss with embossing folder of your choice. Ink edges. Adhere to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Cut 4 corners using White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive attached to back and the small corner die from ModaScrap Romantic Corners. Ink edges and adhere to corners of card.
- Cut 1 heart from navy cardstock using largest die from Els van de Burgt Studio Fitted Hearts Die Set.
- Cut 1 heart from white cardstock using largest die from Els van de Burgt Studio Scalloped Hearts Die set. Using cream color Pearl Pen add dots around scallops leaving area open on right where your teacup will go (small self adhesive pearls could be used). If you use Pearl Pen be sure to let dry completely before doing anything else with heart.
- Using Susan’s Garden Notes Victorian Teacup & Sauce Die Set cut 2 cups and saucers – 1 from white cardstock and 1 from patterned paper that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on back. Adhere patterned paper cup and saucer to cardstock cup and saucer ink edges. Lay cup face down on molding mat take large ball tool from Susan’s Garden 4 pc. Tool Kit rub back of cup giving it some dimension. Attach cup to saucer using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Create hydrangeas. This card has both blue and white hydrangeas. For the blue hydrangeas White Soft Finish Cardstock was spot colored using shades of blue PanPastels Set 2 then florets cut from it this gives shade variations in each flower. Susan has a video to guide you through creating hydrangea it can be found here.
- Cut 3 or 4 Els van de Burgt Studio Leaf & Berry Branches from green cardstock. Using the cream Pearl Pen add berries to branches set aside to dry. Once again the self adhesive little pearls could be used.
- Cut Love from navy cardstock which has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back using Suzanne Cannon’s Baby Love Die Set.
- Finish assembling card. Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive adhere navy heart to card front positioning so white heart can overlap without covering. Add white heart in same manner (once pearl pen is completely dry).
- Add Kids Choice Glue on the outer edges of teacup and saucer (making sure to keep opening clear of glue) then adhere to the right side of card. Arrange branches, hydrangeas and leaves in top of teacup how you want them arranged then adhere using Kids Choice Glue. Adhere Love to white heart to left of teacup.
Hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and it has inspired you to try your hand at making the card. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs to find your supplies and to see all the great products they carry.
Until next time – Happy Crafting!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Inks – Antique Linen Distress Ink
Embossing Folder of your choice