It’s Frances here, and it’s my turn to post a Pop it Ups Wednesday tutorial today. With Halloween only being about 3 1/2 weeks away I thought I would create a Halloween card.
When Karen Burniston first shared the Anita Frame Pop Up with the Design Team, I mentioned that I could see a face. Well, ever since then I have been wanting to play with the die to create a face. The inside of the card is supposed to be a pumpkin with the face carved like they do for Halloween, sitting in some grass. If you can’t see a pumpkin, well I am sure you can see a monster which still works for Halloween … so either way! This idea might also work to create a Santa face for Christmas, Frankenstein or even an Owl!
Here’s how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of orange cardstock so it measures 10 inches x 6 1/2 inches. Score along the 10 inch side at 5 inches to create a side-folding card.
- Place the main pop up die from the Anita Frames Pop Up die set so that the centre alignment nubs of the die are lined up with the centre fold of the card. Run through die cutting machine.
- Refer to Karen Burniston’s Anita Frames video on how to assemble the Anita Frames Pop Up card for easier assembly.
2. Use the Petite Flourish Stage it Stencil to sponge some texture to the sides and top and bottom of the card using Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink. Be careful not to get ink on the Pop Up panel of the card.
3. Cut a piece of black card that measures 5 inches x 5 inches. Score and fold along the 2 1/2 inch line and adhere behind the open part of the back of the card.
- Cut a scrap piece of black card approx 3 1/2 inches x 2 inches. Fold in half along the 3 1/2 inch side. Use the main pop up die from the Anita Frames Pop Up die set and line the bottom section of the die on the score line to cut the bottom piece that fold into the fold of the card. Cut this piece off from the paper and glue over the orange piece on the card. Refer to photo above.
- Using black card that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back, die cut the decorative corners that are included in the Anita Frames Pop Up die set. Adhere these to the top part of the pop up to create “eyebrows”
- Die cut two of the middle size labels included in the Anita Frames Pop Up die set from white card. Adhere these to the labels on the card using foam tape.
- Die cut two Triangle Banners included in the Anita Frames Pop Up die set; adhere these to the centre of each eye.
- Die cut one Fishtail Banner included in the Anita Frames Pop Up die set; fold in half and cut off the tips of the fishtail. Adhere this to the bend in the mouth area on the bottom of the card to become teeth.
4. Using the Crooked Tree from the Halloween Scene die set, die cut one tree from Green Card. Cut down the centre of the tree to create two pieces. Adhere each piece to the top of the card where the first cut line was created from the pop up die, to create the stalk/vines.
5. Cut two pieces of green cardstock that measure 2 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 and another two pieces of green cardstock that measure approx 1 inch x 5 1/2 inches. Use the grass die from the Outdoor Edges die set to create grass.
- Sponge around the blades of grass using green ink.
- Adhere the tall piece of grass to each side of the bottom of the card and then adhere the short pieces of grass to these panels.
The Front of the Card:
6. Cut a piece of orange cardstock so it measures 10 inches x 6 1/2 inches. Score along the 10 inch side at 5 inches to create a side-folding card.
- Use the Petite Flourish Stage it Stencil to sponge the design all over the front of the card.
- Using the second largest label from the Labels & Circles die set, die cut one label from white cardstock.
- Stamp the “Happy Halloween Sentiment” from the Halloween Clear Stamp set to the top portion of the white label using black ink. Adhere label to the black label and then attach both labels to the centre of the front of the card.
8. Using the Pumpkin from the Halloween Charms die set, die cut the following:
- (1) solid pumpkin from black cardstock
- (1) detail pumpkin from orange cardstock
- (1) Stalk/Vine from green cardstock
- Assemble pieces to create pumpkin.
- Adhere pumpkin to the bottom of the label on front of card.
- Cut a piece of orange cardstock 3/8 inch x 2 inches
- Adhere the orange strip of cardstock to the centre of the black strip.
- Cut strip in half.
- Adhere the strips of card to either side of the centre of the label on front of card.
- Add a Black/Silver Glitter Dot Peel Off Sticker to each of the strips.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Inks – Black; Peeled Paint Distress Ink; Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink
Cardstock – White; Black Orange; Green
Die Cutting Machine