It’s Sara here today, and I have three new projects for you. I would like to show you how to use the same background stamp in three different ways.
For these projects I decided to use the same color palette, inspired by the wonderful orange color from the Classic Soft Finish Cardstock Sampler pack.
Above is the palette I chose and the paints I used for all coloring.
1. Embellish solid cardstock to create your own patterned paper.
- Choose a solid cardstock (mine is the orange from Classic set), cut it to be a little bit larger than the background stamp.
- Stamp the Stripes Background Clear Stamp with VersaMark ink and sprinkle it with white embossing powder. Use embossing tool to cure the embossing powder.
- Die cut the patterned paper with Triangle Box die. This die is perfect for a small gift, placecard or party favor.
- Assemble the box using Cear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Stamp and color the sunflower from the Patchwork clear stamp set and die cut with the die from the coordinating die set.
- Adhere to box with a piece of foam adhesive. Optional: Add ribbon or use twine for a country look.
2. Use the stamped paper as a piece of your card design.
- Stamp the Stripes Background Clear Stamp and the chihuahua from the Puppies Clear Stamp set onto a piece of watercolor paper. Color the images and die cut dog using coordinating dies.
- Trim a band from the background. Shown: Approximately 1.75″ x 5″.
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock and add it to the front of a brown side-fold card base. Optional: Add faux sewing lines around the white rectangle using a fine point black marker.
- Adhere the band with foam tape.
- Cut two circles using the Dashing Circles die set and place them on the band.
- Add a sentiment of your choice between the two circles as shown, then add the chihuahua to the top circle.
3. Last but not least, background paper.
- Stamp the Stripes Background Clear stamp and the packages from the Gift Wrapped Clear Stamp set onto a piece of watercolor paper.
- Color the background and packages; die cut the packages with the coordinating dies.
- Cut a rectangle from orange cardstock that measures 1/4” smaller than the size of the brown side-fold card base. Adhere to the card front.
- Trim the background paper to 1/4” smaller than the orange cardstock rectangle. Adhere to the card front.
- Cut a band from white cardstock to use beneath the gift boxes.
- Adhere the white band with foam tape.
- Adhere packages with foam tape.
I hope I have inspired you to create something very cute with these new background stamps from Krista Schneider. Please write to me if you have any questions or comments.
Thanks for stopping by!
Elizabeth Craft Designs: