Hi there! It’s Suzanne here today with a bright shiny card for you to create!
Graduation is a wonderful time in your life! It’s a new beginning; it’s a celebration of a great accomplishment. You never forget it. Help the grad celebrate with a bright shiny card! Make sure they know how brilliant they are!
I wanted to make a card that would be great for a guy or a girl. I chose blues, but choosing hot colours for a summer graduation would be stunning! Substitute the polka dots for floral if you want. Gorgeous!
Here is how you can make this card:
- Form a tent fold card base from light blue cardstock measuring 6.5 x 6” high.
- Die cut Shine and the flourished star (from Flourished Night Sky) from gold cardstock.
- Die cut Congratulations and “you” (from the Thank You set) from light blue cardstock.
- Cut a panel measuring 5” high and approximately 5.25” wide from Bonnie Blue cardstock and assemble the die cut elements on the panel as shown.
- Carefully cut panels from the polka dot paper so the dots lie as shown! The lighter blue polka dot panel is about 1/8” larger all the way around than the decorated panel and the darker blue polka dot panel will be about 1/4” larger all the way around. Designer Tip: It helps to cut these panels a bit bigger and trim them to final size!
- Mount everything on the card base as shown.
- Give to the grad!
You could pop a gift card inside this card, or make one of the Gable Boxes to hold a wee gift from matching polka dots!
Another alternative would be to save the Congratulations die for the inside of the card.
Gold Foil Cardstock
Core’dinations Cardstock – Blue Lightening