Hello, it’s Joset here today with an easy, fun Flower Quartet Pull card. I used the new Flower Quartet Peel-offs that are the perfect match for Karen Burniston’s new Rectangle Pull Card die. I used the little Spinner die included in the Rectangle Pull Card set so when the card is opened a small flower pops up. The second card uses Flower Quartet Peel-offs, too. It’s a traditional side-fold card with a vertical greeting at the side. I hope you will enjoy this tutorial and will soon make your own version of these cards.
1. Cut purple cardstock 7 1/2 x 5 1/2. Score and fold in half. Cut patterned paper the same size. Score and fold in half.
2. Open both cards and layer patterned paper on top of purple cardstock. Place Rectangle Pull Card die at the score line and run both cards through your die cutting machine. Fold purple card to create the pull. Karen has a great You Tube video showing you how to create a Rectangle Pull Card. View video HERE.
3. Trim each side of the patterned paper a few inches. Cut pattern paper just after the first score where the rectangle frame starts. Adhere this portion to your purple rectangle card. Now cut at the second score line (were the center fold of your pattern paper was). Adhere the right portion of your patterned paper to the right portion of your purple card. Set aside the middle portion with rectangle frame for another use (it is not needed for this project). Cut out the small pull label of the patterned paper. Refer to the photo below.
4. Die cut spinner from purple cardstock and adhere on the inside of the card.
5. The Flower Quartet Peel-off and the little flower on the spinner I colored on top of the Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. View this video by Els van de Burgt HERE, showing you how to color on top of the Silk Microfine Glitter. You can use any kind of alcohol marker for this technique.
6. Cut out peel-offs. Adhere Flower Quartet on purple rectangle portion of the card.
Adhere small flower peel-off on spinner so when you open the card the flower pops up.
7. To decorate my card I cut two purple edges using the new Katie Flourish Frame Edges
(I used the longest edge die from the 2 in the set). Adhere a piece of Transparent Double Side Tape Sheet to purple cardstock first, then die cut edges. Remove release sheet and adhere edges on each end of the card.
Here is the second card that I created using the Flower Quartet Peel-off on a flat A2 size card. For this card I also used the new Alphabet 1 – Caps and the little corners from Tags & More 7 – Vine.
1. Cut purple cardstock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2. Score and fold in half.
2. Cut patterned paper 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 and adhere to card front.
3. Color Flower Quartet Peel-off on top of Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter using the same technique as we used in the Flower Quartet Pull Card. Cut out Peel-off.
4. Cut a small piece of purple cardstock 2 3/8 x 3 5/8. Adhere your Flower Quartet Peel-off on top. Adhere both to card front as shown.
5. Adhere a piece Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz to Transparant Double Sided Tape Sheet large enough to cut 3 corner decorators. Cut the 3 corners using the corner die included in Tags & More 7 – Vine (use Metal Adaptor Plate for cutting, remember that the cutting side of the die needs to face the Adaptor Plate with the Shimmer Sheetz in between).
Adhere corners at top left, bottom left, and bottom right. Optional: Accent each Shimmer Sheetz corner with a Violet/Silver Glitter Dot Peel-off.
6. Die cut Hello from purple cardstock using Alphabet 1 – Caps. Adhere to card front.
I hope you will try out these fun new Peel-Offs in combination with the Rectangle Pull Card, for a traditional side-fold (flat) card. And don’t forget, the Peel-Offs are also the perfect fit for Karen Burniston’s Accordion Rectangle Card die!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
974 Rectangle Pull Card
977 Katie Flourish Frame Edges
960 Tags & More – Vine (to cut corners pieces on flat card)
2589 Flower Quartet Peel-off in Gold
502 Transparant Double Sided Tape Sheets
639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
977 Katie Flourish Frame Edges
SS 0106 Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
7010 Violet/Silver Glitter Dots
7022 – Silver/Gold Hearts Glitter Borders
803 Metal Adaptor Plate
802 Pine Pointed Scissors
Purple Cardstock – Bazzil
Patterned Paper – Graphic 45 – Time to Flourish Collection
Copic Markers – Colors used: B79, V09, BV11, G99, YG25, Y15, 0 Colorless Blender
Die cutting machine