It’s Els here with a Flower Power Stand Up Helper Card. For this card I used a fun technique to use up all your scraps from your Glitter Peel-off sheet and turn this into a beautiful glittery piece of cardstock. I used this cardstock to die cut the flowers on my stand up card. I love how sparkly they are!
For this technique you will need:
– One Glitter Peel-off sheet with an intricate pattern (I used the Glitter Flowers Peel-offs in Gold/Silver for my instructions below but for my Stand Up Helper card I used a sheet of the Silver/Gold. Tip: Glitter Dots and Glitter Stars will also work well)
– A piece of cardstock 4″ x 9 1/8″.
– A piece of Elizabeth Craft Designs Double Sided Tape Sheet 4″ x 9 1/8″.
– Silk Microfine Glitter – Color of choice (I used the 606 Antique Gold in my demo and the 602 – Pewter for my stand up card).
– A coffee filter (or something else to collect your glitter in) and a brush.
1. Apply double sided adhesive to white cardstock.
2. Peel off release sheet, then peel off negative part of your peel-off sheet. Apply the negative part to your piece of cardstock with the exposed adhesive.
3. Apply Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush of excess glitter and polish glitter with your fingers.
The result, a beautiful piece of glittery cardstock that you can use for die cutting (see photo below) or for a beautiful background on a card.
Did you know that you can color you peel-offs with alcohol marker? The tiny flowers are great to decorate any kind of project.
For my flower power card I first created my Stand Up Helper card from black cardstock. I used one of the Stand Up Helper dies from Stand Up Helpers 3 – Hinges. After I die cut 2 black hinges using the matching die from Hardware 1 – Hinges. I cut a piece of Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz for the bottom part of the card and embossed this piece with our Bouquet Embossing Folder. I lightly sanded the embossed side to bring hop the silver core of the Shimmer Sheetz. The gold/black background behind the flowers is also Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz that I lightly dapped with Black StazOn Ink. For the leaves I used our Big Tripple Leaf die cut using Basic Black Shimmer Sheetz. I adhered my 2 black hardware hinges on top of my 2 stand up hinges (half of each hinges) and the other half to the bottom part of my Stand Up Helper card. To finish of my card I added some Black/Silver Glitter Border Peel-offs and some Black/Silver Glitter Dots. For more information on how to create a Stand Up Helper card, watch my YouTube video HERE.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and will try this fun technique at home.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
7048 Glitter Flowers Peel-offs (color of choice) or any Glitter Peel-off sheet with an intricate pattern (For example 7018 Glitter Dots or 7078 Glitter Stars)
502 Elizabeth Craft Designs Double Sided Tape Sheet
Silk Microfine Glitter (color of choice)
963 Stand Up Helpers 3 – Hinges
962 Hardware 1 – Hinges
924 Crystal Flower Set 1
796 Big Triple Leaf
Shimmer Sheetz (color of choice)
E121 Bouquet Embossing Folder
7010 Glitter Border Peel-off (color of choice)
7018 Glitter Dots (color of choice)
Black StazOn Ink Pad
Coffee filter and brush
Awesome ideas! Beautiful results!
Gorgeous card and fabulous tutorial and tips! Love Love Love!
oh what a fun way to use the negative pieces from the Peel Off Stickers … awesome card
I love all of the little details like the Glitter Dots in the foreground, on the Shimmer Sheetz embossed with the Bouquet of Flowers folder! And it’s such a sophisticated color combination, very elegant.
you are a genius! I love these flowers.
What a great way to use the negative space from the stickers. The card is awesome.
Beautiful card & what a great way to use up the negative space from the glitter stickers.
I love this …
This was a super great tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing this technique, a must try! TFS!
What a great way to use the hinge dies. TFS