Hello, this is Diana and I am so excited to share with you a card I made using the new A Way With Words dies. I am always in need of birthday cards so I made this bright and cheery card that would work for anyone’s special day.
- Cut card base from white cardstock 10″x 7″. Score and fold in half. Finished card measures 5″ x 7″.
- Cut white cardstock rectangle 6.5″ x 4.5″ and a black cardstock rectangle 6 5/8″ x 4 5/8″.
- Use ECD Balloons die to cut 8 balloons out of watercolor paper that has been painted with a rainbow of colors.
- Cut out letters using the Alphabets 1 – Cap die set to spell the word BIRTHDAY.
- Sponge Distress Inks onto balloons to add shadow to the edges.
- Adhere letters onto balloons and glue balloons to white layer as shown, overlapping and popping up several balloons with foam dots. Draw curvy strings extending down from balloons.
- Die cut A Way With Words ‘Blessings’ out of watercolor paper and sponge in same colors as the balloons, but in the reverse order (warm colors first).
- Die cut another Blessings out of black cardstock and adhere, slightly offset, behind the colored Blessings for a shadow effect.
- Adhere the Blessings to the bottom of card.
- Adhere white layer to black layer giving it a 1/16″ black mat and then to white card base.
Thank you so much for looking!
Products from Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other Products used:
Cardstock in white and black
Distress Inks – Blueprint Sketch, Dusty Concord, Evergreen Bough, Festive Berries, Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Liptick and Spiced Marmalade
Black Micron Pen