Hello! Diana here with a fun card using Elizabeth Craft Designs and A Way With Words dies. I love shaker cards! Interactive cards are not only fun to make but also fun to receive.
I used the negative of the hot air balloon to make my shaker element, combined script lettering with block letters, and added a doodle frame. Below are detailed instructions and the supply list.
- Cut blue cardstock measuring 4.25″ x 11″, score at 5.5″ and fold in half for the top-fold card base.
- Cut white base layer 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Use the mid-sized Fitted Rectangles die to cut the center of this base layer, but leave it in place for now. Tip: Hold the 2 pieces together with a bit of removable tape on the back during step 3.
- Die cut larger hot air balloon in the upper corner of the 2-part white cardstock piece from step 2.
- Remove smaller rectangle. Create cloud-shaped masks using cloud dies from the Rainbow Sky set. Lightly sponge clouds onto the smaller rectangle using Broken China Distress Ink.
- Die cut the word ‘Sending’ and letters to spell the word ‘LOVE’ (Alphabet Caps die set) from blue cardstock.
- Die cut red cardstock hearts.
- Die cut hot air balloon detail out of white card stock and color with blue Copic markers.
- Make shaker element by first gluing clear acetate over the hot air balloon area. Then add foam around the opening to encase sequins and glitter. Add sequins and glitter and enclose shaker area with light blue background.
- Glue white layer with the sequins onto the blue card base.
- Glue Sending, LOVE, hearts and hot air balloon detail to the card front as shown in the project photo.
- Use a fine nib pen to doodle lines around rectangle die cut.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Red, white, blue, light blue cardstock
Sequins and star-shaped glitter
Distress Ink in Broken China
Sakura Pigma Micron Pen (01 mm or nib of choice)