It’s Karen here. I’m obsessed with the fashion stamps available at Elizabeth Craft Designs and wanted to make a holiday card using them. I combined a couple of stamp sets to create a holiday-inspired dress to embellish my card today!
Here are the steps I used to make this card:
1. Cut a white top-fold card base to A2 size (4-1/4″ x 11″ folded in half to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″). Cut a layer for the front out of White Soft Finish Cardstock using the appropriate size die from the Stitched Rectangles set.
2. Put some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink on a craft mat and add a few spritzes of water. Using a paint brush, splatter the Stitched Rectangle from Step 1.
3. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 4″ piece of tree pattern paper from the ModaScrap White Christmas 6 x 6 Patterned Paper Pack. Die cut a circle from the blue patterned paper from the same paper pack using the appropriate size die from the Stitched Circles set. Stamp the “KEEP CALM…” sentiment from the Holiday Cheer Clear Stamps set onto the die cut circle.
4. Using permanent black ink, stamp the dress from the Fashions 2 Clear Stamps onto white cardstock and again onto lightweight copy paper. Fussy cut the white copy paper version to create a reverse mask (see second photo above). Adhere the reverse mask over the cardstock dress and secure with washi tape. Stamp the holly leaves/berries from the Reindeer and Birds Clear stamps randomly on the dress. Remove the mask. (Note: To create the reverse mask be sure to fussy cut the stamped dress rather than using the coordinating dress die because the die is slightly bigger and all stamped holly needs to stay inside the lines. )
5. Color the dress with Copic markers: B41, B32, B34, G43, G46, and R59. Die cut it with the Fashions 2 Coordinating Dies. (Using the die leaves a narrow white halo around the dress.) Adhere it to the card front with pop tape.
6. Adhere the card front to the card base and add some green Nuvo Pearl Drops.
I hope you enjoyed my card today. Thank you for stopping by!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Black permanent ink
Distress Oxide ink.
Love the sentiment. Very cute card!