Hello Sweet Crafty Friends.
January is chilly here in Nova Scotia. After work I quickly walk my puppy, then put some comfy clothes on and spend time in the craft room. It is a wonderful time of year to be in the craft room and get the creative juices flowing. Yes, crafting is a happy thing to do on these chilly winter days.
This week I created a card using one of the stamp sets designed by Suzanne Cannon, the Love & Hearts Collection.
The card has shimmer, texture, playfulness and Suzanne’s beautiful calligraphy.
- Create a 4.25″ x 5.5″ top-fold card using white cardstock.
- Die cut Kraft brown cardstock using the die from the Dotted Scallop Rectangles set that is the closest fit to the card front.
- Stamp quote onto die cut using black archival ink. Adhere to card front using double-sided foam tape.
- On a separate piece of cardstock, stamp the “love” heart using white pigment ink. Heat emboss using clear embossing powder.
- Stamp heart outline onto heart in step 3 using black archival ink. Dry.
- Apply a dab of Inka Gold Magenta onto a silicone mat or similar surface. Use a watercolor brush with water (or watercolor brush pen) to dilute the Inka Gold medium. Apply liberally to stamped heart. Dry. Fussy cut heart.
- Use double-faced foam tape to adhere the embossed heart, now a heart-shaped balloon, to the card front.
- Stamp wee hearts onto the card front using black archival ink. Dry. Apply diluted Inka Gold to color in the wee hearts.
- Cut pink and white baker’s twine for the balloon string. Mount to card front with small dots of liquid adhesive. Tie a bow and mount at the base of the balloon.
- Add shimmery adhesive-backed half-pearls or gems as shown.
Thank you for stopping by! I do hope you enjoyed the happy heart card.
Have a great day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Inka Gold Magenta
Black Archival Ink
White pigment ink
Paintbrush or water brush pen
Clear embossing powder
Cardstock in white and Kraft brown