Hi, It’s Kelly Booth here. It has been a while since I made an easel card and wanted to give the Stand Up Helpers dies a try. They make it so easy for the easel to stand up and they come in so many different shapes too! I just love the Elizabeth Craft Designs Ladybugs Peel-Offs so wanted to use them for my card today. Hope you enjoy! 🙂
1. Cut card base from red card stock, 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score across the center to form a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ standard (A2) tall card. Make another score line across the center of the card front at 2-3/4″.
2. Score again at 2-3/4″ on the inside half then place the Flower Stand Up Helper on the edge of the score line in the middle and run it through your die cutting machine to make the stand up helper. Set this aside as this is your base for the card.
3. Take a piece of double-sided adhesive and place it one side on white card stock, peel off the other side and place one large and two small ladybug on the adhesive backed card stock. Then pour Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter on the piece and polish the glitter to bring out the maximum sparkle, tap off excess and return it to the jar.
4.Color the ladybugs using Copic or other alcohol markers. Snip off the antennae when cutting them out.
5.Take pieces of wire and make a V then curl each end wrapping it around a rod, position the V under the ladybug and add a little glue and then put a piece of foam mounting tape on top of the wire and glue and set aside to dry.
6. Die cut The largest oval from the Accordion Oval Card set out of Blue Iris Shimmer Sheetz and run it through again using the stitched lines die from the same set. Remember to use the Metal Adaptor Plate when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Watch Els’s video HERE for more info.
7. Die cut a Flower Stand Up from the Blue Iris Shimmer Sheetz and snip it off.
8. Cut the sentiment from Black Velvet Adhesive using the large Happy Birthday and place it in the center of the oval.
9. Cut a piece of the Blue Iris Shimmer Sheetz 3 1/4″ by 4 1/4″ and emboss it using the Curvy Leaves Embossing Folder, then lightly sand the piece using a sanding block to bring the white core up.
10. Cut a piece of black card stock 3 1/2″ by 5.
11. Adhere the embossed Shimmer Sheetz to the black card stock.
12. Adhere the lower half of the panel to the red card base.
13. Adhere the Shimmer Sheetz flower to the stand up helper on the card.
14. Place one small and one large ladybug on the card front, using foam tape or double sided adhesive sheets to adhere.
15. Adhere the oval and remaining ladybug in front of the Stand Up Helper as shown in photo. (When the card is closed, a bit of this ladybug will peek out so you might need an envelope one size larger than the standard A2)
Now your Easel card is finished!
HERE is a really good Video of Els using the Stand up Helpers.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
738 Happy Birthday
772 Accordion Oval Card
792 Stand Up Helpers
E105 Curvy Leaves Embossing Folder
SS 0103 Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
2341 Lady Bugs Peel-Offs
406 Black Velvet Adhesive Sheets
639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
501 Double Sided Adhesive Sheets 5×12
803 Metal Adaptor Plate
Red and Black Card Stock
Die cutting Machine