Hi Everyone, it’s Tina here today from the Coloring Team. My last few posts have been showcasing all the holiday stamps and matching dies. Today I wanted to share a non-holiday card. I work in the fashion industry and I was so excited when I saw Krista Schneider’s Fashion collection. This is perfect to send to my colleagues as well as anyone who loves fashion. Below are the steps to replicate this card.
- Step 1 – Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (A2)
- Step 2 – Die cu ModaScrap Color of Puppies Boy patterned paper with the Stitched Rectangles die that will fill almost the entire card front. Distress the edges with Distress Ink and adhere to front of card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 3 – Die cut Dotted Scallop Oval from White Soft Finish Cardstock and adhere to front of card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 4 – (This step is optional. If you don’t have Distress Oxide Inks. You can use a patterned paper from the Color of Puppies Boy Patterned Paper and skip to Step 5) Create a Distress Oxide Background using several colors on a craft mat, spray with water, lay White Soft Finish Cardstock onto the wet inks. Set with a heat tool, repeat until pleased with the effect. Air dry or use the heat tool to speed drying before the next step.
- Step 5 – Die cut Stitched Oval from Distress Oxide background or patterned paper. Adhere onto the Dotted Scallop Oval.
- Step 6 – Using Black Memento ink, stamp Fashions 2 image onto White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color with medium of your choice. I used alcohol-based markers (Winsor & Newton ProMarkers). Die cut the dress with the coordination Fashions 2 die.
- Step 7 – Use black pigment ink to stamp the sentiment onto the oval, offset toward the right as shown. (Place the die-cut dress in position temporarily to help you see where to stamp ‘just for you’.)
- Step 8 – Now adhere the dress using foam tape to add dimension. Tip: Make your own foam tape by adding Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to both sides of a piece of craft foam (AKA ‘fun foam’). Cut into small pieces as needed. One foam sheet goes a long way!
I hope you enjoyed this fashionable card. Below you will find links to all of the Elizabeth Craft Designs products for your convenience, as well as a list of other supplies I used.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Winsor & Newton ProMarkers
Distress Oxide Inks
Memento Black Ink