Karen here today from Craftily Yours! Have you played with the Craft Drops available at Elizabeth Craft Designs yet? I have, and they are SO fun! In my card today, I used three of the available drops in different ways.
Hello There! Samantha here, sharing a card I created using Elizabeth Craft Design Planner dies. Masculine cards are not my speciality –– in fact I generally try to avoid them. This card is probably as close to masculine you’ll get from me (and even then I couldn’t resist adding pretty sequins and a twine bow!)
Step 1: Cut red card stock to fit an A6 card base. (Measurements: 114mm x 162mm)
Step 2: Adhere Clear Double Sided adhesive (3mm & 6mm) to black cardstock. Remove the release sheet to expose the adhesive layer and apply a generous amount of Silk Microfine Glitter (Basic Black). Brush off excess glitter and return it to the jar, then polish with a fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
Step 3: Trim the Basic Black Glitter cardstock to create thin strips of glitter card.
Step 4: Using black cardstock cut additional strips varying in thickness (3mm to 6mm). Adhere these to the red card front, including a few Basic Black Glitter strips. Trim off any excess card.
Step 6: Next, adhere strips of black card and strips of Basic Black Glitter card in the optional direction as shown below. Trim off any excess card.
Step 7: Stamp the sentiment using embossing ink, apply black heat embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool. Adhere this to the card front.
Step 8: (Optional) Add machine stitched details.
Step 9: Use corrugated Kraft cardstock and die cut the reindeer.
Step 10: Use red cardstock to die cut the reindeer’s nose.
Step 11: Adhere the reindeer to the card front. Embellish with sequins and a twine bow. Adhere card front to an A6 card base.
This card is definitely in my top 10 makes for 2019 –– I’m not sure how masculine this card truly is but I loved creating my own tartan plaid background and Rudolf has always been my favourite reindeer!
Die-Cutting Machine – Cuttlebug
Black Embossing Powder
Clear Stamping Block
EK here! I am just loving the new Asian inspired release from Joset. It has been so much fun creating a different style with these fun dies and stamps and today, I have one more card to share with you today.
Step One: Die cut all the pieces from 90lb Soft Finish Cardstock using the new Symbol Background die and Panda Bear die. Trim a piece of Rust Soft Finish Cardstock to 5.75×5.75 inches.
Step Two: Color the Panda die cut pieces with alcohol markers.
Step Three: Assemble the panda using some Kids Choice Glue.
Step Four: Die cut a circle from the center of the rust cardstock using the Frame It/Stitched Circle die set.
Step Five: Trim a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock to 6×12 inches, score and fold to create a 6×6 inch card frame. Adhere the rust cardstock to the card frame using some 6mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
Step Six: Adhere the panda into the open circle.
Step Seven: Adhere the Symbol Background die cut onto the left over die cut circle.
Step Eight: Score and fold the circle at 3/4 and inch and add some 6mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive to create an interactive flap.
Step Nine: Attach the flap onto the card frame cover the panda.
This will leave you a fun flap opening to reveal the panda bear inside!
Step Ten: Add a sentiment using the Bear Hug stamp set.
I just love how simple this interactive card is to create. Thank for peeking in today, and make sure you check out the whole new line of stamps and dies from Joset.
This is Diane with a winter card for you!
Up North in Quebec, winter has shown its nose quite early this year and we’ve already had our first snow storm! That triggered my motivation to start my Christmas cards and this one was oh so much fun to make. A little bird told me that it was about time I started playing with the new winter and Christmas dies from Joset’s collection, so I did just that!
Here are the steps to make this card:
Step 1: Background
- To make this card you need a 11 X 5 1/2 inches piece of White Soft Finish cardstock, folded in half to make a square 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 inches.
- Cut a 5 1/4 inches square out of some red cardstock.
- Cut a 5 inch square out of some patterned blue cardstock.
- Adhere each layers on top of each other with some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
Step 2: Bird house
- Using the Dog House (#1668) die set, die cut the house in a light brown cardstock;
- With some red cardstock, die cut the roof of the dog house;
- Die cut a dark brown square to cover the back of the door.
Step 3: Wreath
- Using the wreath in the Reindeer (#1681) die set, die cut it in green cardstock;
- Using the same die set, die cut some big and some small lights in yellow, red and blue cardstock;
- Using the back of the Pointed Tweezers, do some small veins on the wreath;
- With some Kids Choice Glue, adhere the “lights” all around the wreath;
- Add some a small drop of glue on the “lights” and sprinkle some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitters.
Step 4: Snowflakes
- Die cut twice the snow flakes plate using the Snow Globe Scene (#1410) die set on to some White Soft Finish cardstock doubled with a Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet;
- Peel of the adhesive sheet and cover with some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitters. Rub off the glitters with fingers to make the snowflakes really sparkle.
Step 5: The bird
- Die cut all the parts of the bird and the branch out of White Soft Finish cardstock using the Winter Bird (#1685) die set;
- Color each part with ink markers.
- With Kids Choice Glue, adhere some wiggle eyes on the face and glue all the parts of the bird;
- Roll slightly the bird on a pen to give it a bit of dimension.
- Die cut the snow for the branch White Soft Finish cardstock doubled with a Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet;
- Peel of the adhesive sheet and cover with some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitters. Rub off the glitters with fingers to make the snow also really sparkle;
- Adhere the snow on the branch.
The final touch…
- On the card base, and using some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere the bird house (dog house) on the card;
- Put some foam adhesive on the back of the wreath and the branch, and adhere both on the card;
- Put some foam adhesive on the back of the bird and adhere to the tip of the branch;
- With some Kids Choice Glue, adhere the snowflakes on the background.
Here’s an other look at the final card !
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and hope to see you again soon!
Here’s the ECD products used on this card:
- Bazzill Cardstock (different colors)
- Copic Markers (different colors)
- Wiggly eyes
Karen here today from Craftily Yours! There’s a NEW release from Joset! Eek! Koala and Panda –– and a few other great die sets –– oh my!
Happy Technique Friday, crafters!
Today, Els is showing us how to work with our NEW Craft Drops. These are perfect for adding colorful embellishments to your projects, and the precision nozzle makes it easy to use in free-handing, edging and much more!
Watch the video, view/download the project sheet and shop the supplies –– all on the Technique Friday Project Page.
Let us know if you’ve created this project!
It’s almost Halloween crafters, and we have a challenge for you –– you could win a $25 gift card to ecraftdesigns.com!
Here’s how to enter:
1. Create a Halloween-themed project using your favorite ECD products
2. Post a picture of your project on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Elizabeth Craft Designs Family, ECD Planner Group)
3. Be sure to use the hashtag #ECDSPOOKY in your post, or we won’t see it!
*contest ends October 31
*multiple entries allowed
*3 winners chosen
Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Happy Technique Friday!
Today, Els is showing us how to create this sparkly card featuring the Sleigh die set and more.
Watch the tutorial, download the project sheet, and shop the supplies –– all on the Technique Friday Project Page!
Let us know if you’ve tried this project!
Hi Everyone, it’s Tina here. Today I have a DIY Background using Silk Microfine Glitter and the new Spider Web die set from Joset Designs. Below you will find the steps to create your own background card.
Step 1 – Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ and fold in half for a vertical side fold card. (A2)
Step 2 – Trim Black Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. Diecut Fitted Indented Rectangles using the trimmed cardstock.
Step 3 – Diecut Spider Web using White Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere Pixie Spray to the backside to create a stencil. Adhere the stencil on top of the diecut created from Step 2.
Step 4 – Create your own Glitter Paste by mixing Silk Microfine Glitter Copper Rose and Texture Paste Transparent Gloss. Apply the mix onto the Cardstock with the stencil. Once completely covered remove the stencil and let dry.
Step 5 – Adhere the Background created from Step 4 to the card front using Foam Tape.
Step 6 – Diecut Spider Web (spiders x 3) and adhere to card front using Foam Squares. I added Shimmer using a Shimmer Pen for added sparkle.
Step 7 – Stamp Spooky sentiment onto Black Soft Finish Cardstock using Versamark. Sprinkle Gold Embossing powder and remove the excess. Heat set it with a heat tool.
Step 8 – Diecut Labels 1 using the sentiment created from Step 7. Adhere to card using Foam Tape.
This Glitter Paste technique can be used for any occasion by simply changing the color of the Glitter. Below is a link to all the products used. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day.