Hi, It’s Kelly Booth here today with a heart-warming treat idea for friends, or in my case for my grandchildren. It’s such a fun time of year leading up to the holidays. I try and make special things to enjoy with the grandchildren when I see them.
It’s time for another Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge with the Die Cut and Coloring Design Teams.
This month the challenge is …. Christmas – Christmas is now just over two months away, for our challenge this month think Christmas! Christmas Cards, Advent Calendars, Decorated boxes, etc ….
For our Challenge today we are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on the Elizabeth Craft Designs website to 3 winners.
To enter, simply leave a comment on this blog post below and answer this question: What are your favorite projects to create during the Christmas season? We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing.
The winners will be announced on Friday, October 20th, here on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
Now let’s take a look at the wonderful creations our talented Design Team have created for the Challenge this month. For more information about the cards, click on the designer’s name under each card to be taken to the designer’s blog post and will open up in a new window.
Kelly Booth starts us off with this adorable winter scene. To create her card Kelly has used the Krista Schneider Winter Bears Clear Stamps and Coordinating dies, the trees from Becky Seddon’s Reindeer die set, snow from Adventure Edges. Kelly’s Scene was layered onto her card using the Stitched Rectangles and Dotted Scallop Rectangles. Kelly also used Soft Finish Cardstock in White and Bluebell. The sentiment is from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp set.
Frances Byrne is next with a fun Pop-Up card. To create her card Frances has used the General Pop-Ups die set, Becky Seddon’s Gingerbread House; Beautiful Baubles; A Way with Words – Merry Christmas and the Holiday Cheer Clear Stamp set. Frances also used ModaScrap’s It’s Christmas Time 12 x 12 Patterned Paper and White Soft Finish Cardstock.
Birgit Norton has created a glittery Christmas card for today’s challenge. For her card Birgit has used the Becky Seddon Festive Glow die set, White Soft Finish Cardstock and Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
Karen Nofziger is next and she has created a Christmas card and a gift box for her challenge piece today. To create her card & gift box Karen has used Pillow Box with Handle, Stitched Circles, Adventure Edges, Holiday Trees & Ornaments Clear Stamps with coordinating dies and Holiday Cheer Sentiments Clear Stamp set. Papers from the ModaScrap Unconventional Christmas 12 x 12 Patterned Paper pack where used on both the card and gift box.
Elena Anderson created this beautiful snowy scene above for the challenge today. To create her card Elena has used the Winter Bears Clear Stamps and coordinating dies, Holiday Trees & Ornaments Clear Stamps with coordinating dies, Adventure Edges die set and Holiday Cheer Sentiment Clear Stamps. Elena used White Soft Finish Cardstock for all the elements on her card.
Sanna Lippert is next with a ‘berrylicious’ Christmas card. For her card Sanna used the Berry Branch die and added a sentiment from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp set.
Next up is Melanie Smith with a cute Christmas card. For her card Melanie has used the Penguins Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies along with Dotted Scallop Squares and Beautiful Baubles. The sentiment is from the Holiday Cheer Sentiment Clear Stamp set.
Suzanne Cannon has created beautiful glittered ornaments for today’s challenge. To create the ornaments, Suzanne has used A Way With Words – Love Joy & Peace Christmas Ornament die set as well as Silk Microfine Glitter in Copper Rose & Solar Gold, Teal Blue & Diva, Bright Cranberry & Go-To Green.
Selma Stevenson shares a wonderful Christmas/winter scene shaker card. For her card Selma has used the Reindeer & Birds Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies, Snowman & Gifts Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies, Reindeer die set (for the trees and snow hills), Fitted Squares, Stitched Squares, Adventure Edges. Selma has use White and Ladybug Red Soft Finish Cardstock. The sentiment is from the Holiday Cheer Clear Stamp set.
Sandy Diller has also created a Shaker Card for her challenge card. To create her card Sandy has used the Snowglobe Scene, Dotted Scallop Squares and Fitted Circles die. Sandy also used White Soft Finish Cardstock on her card.
Katelyn Grosart shares her snowy Christmas themed Pillow Box she created for the challenge. To create the Pillow Box Katelyn used the Pillow Box with Handle die. She decorated her pillow box using Entwined Circles; Beaded Circle Frames; Stitched Circles; Snowflakes and A Way with Words – Christmas Collection Clear Stamp set. Katelyn used paper from the ModaScrap Let It Snow Patterned Paper Pack, White Soft Finish Cardstock and White Silk Microfine Glitter on her pillow box.
Tina Guigui Dornbaum has created this fun snowy scene for her challenge card. Tina has used Snowman & Gifts Clear Stamps with coordinating dies, Holiday Trees & Ornaments Clear Stamps with coordinating dies and the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp set. Tina also used the Clouds & Grass die set to create her snowy hills. White Soft Finish Cardstock was used on this card.
Anita Kejriwal has created two fun snowglobes for our challenge this time around, creating a different scene in each. To create her card Anita has used the Snow Globe Scene die set and Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
Thank you for visiting our blog today. We hope you enjoyed seeing all the wonderful creations our Design Team created this month and that it has inspired you to make a start on your Christmas projects. Don’t forget to visit our designers’ blogs by clicking on their names to find out more about each project.
If you would like a chance to win our giveaway, be sure to leave your comment on TODAY’S blog post. We will select three lucky winners in a random drawing and the winners will be announced here on our blog on Friday, October 20th.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Hey Everyone! Katelyn here, sharing with you my Masculine Happy Birthday Pillow Box. The starting point for my project was the fabulous Pillow Box with Handles die. The project took shape when I combined the pillow box with a variety of die cut images from Elizabeth Craft Designs and ModaScrap, along with some ModaScrap patterned paper. Let me show you below how to make it at home.
1. Die cut the Pillow Box with Handles from ModaScrap Manly Man patterned paper.
2. Die cut the 5/8″ Stitched Fishtail Banner out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Place the stitched fishtail banner die on the other end of the banner and cut the banner down to 3 5/8″. Die cut the 1/4″ Stitched Fishtail Banner out of the back side of one of the Manly Man patterned papers. Place the stitched fishtail banner die on the other end of the banner and cut the banner down to 3″. Apply Jet Black Archival Ink to the Happy Birthday sentiment and stamp onto the 1/4″ banner. Ink the edges of both banners using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink and a blending tool with foam.
3. Die cut the small feather out of patterned paper. Die cut the other two feathers out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink over the entire surface of the large feather with a blending tool and foam. Blend Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink over the entire surface of the medium feather using a blending tool and foam. Spritz both inked feathers with water to create a mottled effect. Let the feathers dry. Ink the edges of all three feathers using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink and a blending tool with foam. Shape the feathers as desired.
4. Die cut a 2 3/4″ and a 2 1/4″ Stitched Circle out of patterned paper from the Manly Man patterned paper pack. Ink the edges of the circles using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink and a blending tool with foam.
5. Die cut the Leafy Branch 3 out of patterned paper from the Manly Man patterned paper pack. Ink the edges of the leafy branch using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink and a blending tool with foam.
6. Using the back side of one of the Manly Man patterned paper pieces for the front side of the leaves, die cut the Pair of Leaves 1. Ink the edges of the leaves using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink and a blending tool with foam.
7. Die cut one of the Arrows out of patterned paper from the Manly Man patterned paper pack. Ink the edges of the arrow using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink and a blending tool with foam.
8. Adhere the sides of the pillow box together, making sure the flap with the notch is tp the inside of the pillow box.
9. Adhere the 2 1/4″ stitched circle to the 2 3/4″ stitched circle.
10. Adhere the leafy branch 3 to the middle of the stitched circles. Adhere the pair of leaves over the leafy branch 3, making sure some of the leafy branch shows. Trim off the bottom of the branch and leaves as desired.
11. Adhere the feathers to the center of the circle, overlapping as shown.
12. Adhere the 1/4″ stitched fishtail banner to the 5/8″ stitched fishtail banner. Adhere the arrow across the bottom of the banner.
13. Using foam squares to add dimension, adhere the Happy Birthday banner across the bottom of the feathers.
14. Again using foam squares to add dimension, adhere the layered circle with banner to the front of the box. Your Masculine Pillow Box is now complete.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my Masculine Happy Birthday Pillow Box.
Ranger Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink
Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Oxide Ink – Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, Blending Tool with Foam, Distress Sprayer
Hello to all!
It is Anita here. Today, I have some fun gift boxes for you to make. Gifting is an essential part of our lives and if done beautifully, it leaves fond memories.
Elizabeth Craft Designs has some wonderful dies that can be used to make boxes in a variety of shapes. I am going to feature the Pillow Box with Handle.
I have used a variety of dies to cut the embellishments. The possibilities are endless.
It’s time for our March Die Cut Design Team Designer Challenge. Our challenge this month is ‘It’s in the Box!’ We are going 3D this month, creating and decorating boxes using any of the 5 new box dies Elizabeth Craft Designs released in January.
For our challenge today we are giving away “a box die of choice” to 3 winners. The winners will get to select which box die they would like to receive from the following: Star Pillow Box, Triangle Treat Box, Lantern Box, Bonbon Box or Pillow Box with Handle.
To enter, simply leave a comment on this blog post below and answer this question: “Which is your favorite box from the January 2017 collection?”
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing.
The winners will be announced on Friday, March 10 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.