Good Morning Everyone,
It’s me again, Rita! Ever since I posted my very first Elizabeth Craft Design project, I’ve been thinking and thinking and thinking… of what exactly could I do next. Something colorful? Something fun? Or maybe something new? Or maybe combine them all!
Let’s see what exactly I’m talking about! And before I forget, please remember to tell me in your comments below if you like this format of steps, I find them useful and would like to hear what you think.
1. Let’s start with some fun paper: Be. Loved by Fancy Pants Designs, which serves as the main frame and floor for my card. Also, we can use some Neenah Pearl card stock, which I airbrushed to serve as our sky.
2. Next I combined some sweet little digital images in Silhouette Studio: Tiddly Inks Hanging around little girl received some legs from School Girl and also added some little birds.
3. At this point we can pull out simple white card stock, double-sided-adhesive and my absolute favorite, Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter — getting exciting, right?
4. Once we peeled off the release sheet of our double-sided adhesive sheet, carefully place it over the white card stock. At this point, we can cut out the size of the paper we need, remove the other release sheet and apply our microfine glitter mentioned above — Els van de Burgt of Elizabeth Craft Designs has a wonderful video of this technique on YouTube: Silk Microfine Glitter – Coloring with Alcohol Markers.
5. Using our freshly glittered adhesive-cardstock, now we can cut out 2 poles and 10 little flags with the Lots of Pops die set. Also cut out the little heart from the Accordion Oval Card die set. They all look beautiful!
6. Using the Lots of Pops die set to create the base of our card.
7. And now my other favorite part: coloring is next! Yes, I’m addicted… So let’s color up the little upside down girl and the little birds. And here comes the beauty of Elizabeth Craft Design’s glitter: now I can use the same Copic markers on the flags that I also used on the clothing. How cool is that! No need to dig for matching paper! No need to match the cloths with paper we already found, none of that old hassle! And the colored flags are simply amazing! Daylight or by the lamp, everything is reflecting the light in the most beautiful way.
8. To decorate the front of our card, I used the Thinking of You die and one of the decorator pieces included in the Katie Label Pivot card die set to cut the label.
9. Now it’s time to assemble. Relax. Sit back and enjoy!
I hope to see your cards soon and please ask me any questions! Hugs, Rita
Katie Label Pivot Card die set
Lots of Pops die set
Accordion Oval Card die set
Thinking of You die set
Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Be. Loved. by Fancy Pants Designs
Neenah Pearl card stock
Tiddly Inks Hanging around, School Girl and Little Birds
Adorable and fun card! Love the feet hanging over to the front!
Thank you, Mary!
Rita this is Fabulous and so much Fun!! Sorry I’m late to the commenting I’m out of town! xo
Thank you so much, Kelly! You’re always so kind!
Such a fun card, love the girl hanging upside down and the feet on the front of the card.
Thank you, Frances! You;re always so kind!
Wonderful, fun card. Thank you for the instructions.
Thank you, Rosa
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Love her little legs and feet going over the front of the card. And the little circle people.
Thank you! Yes, those little feet and I thought that nobody would notice them.
Thank you, Becky!
Lol, did not expect that!¡ did have a good chuckle…..thank you needed that pain is real bad today
This card is over the top just love it
Awe, thank you, Sue! and I hope you feel better soon!
This is SUCH a cute card – that upside down girl would make anyone smile when they open this card.
Cheers, Karen A
Thank you, Karen! I think this card is heading to my best friend and hope that she’ll smile when open it.
Really cute card. The detailed directions were just perfect; easy to understand and to follow. Thanks for such a wonderful job!
Thank you, Kathy! So nice to hear!
Delightful card, Rita! Your coloring skills are out of sight, the images, priceless. Thank you for the step by step tutorial,
Marlene, thank you for leaving such a sweet comment, hope that the hear that the tutorial was helpful.
the best color blending, wish I could do as good(need a class)
Sharon — thank you for your kind comment! Classes are fun, always great way to learn
A lovely card Rita .The details of how it was made are very useful. I really like the use of the microfine glitter with the colouring.Unfortunately I don’t think we can get this in the UK,hopefully we may be able to soon!
Thank you so much for your kind words, Angela! I hope you can try the glitter soon
Such a clever and cute card. I love it.
Thank you, Glenda!
Super cute card Rita! I am also addicted to coloring on Silk Microfine Glitter! Nothing wrong with a bit of glitter I say.
Yes, absolutely true! Glitter is so fun!
Thank you so much, Candy!