Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel here today. When Karen Burniston showed me how to triple her pivot dies I was so keen to try it out myself. Here’s a link to see Karen in action creating the triple pivots. And here’s my house triple pivot card that I created. I wanted to fit my card with the Birds Peel-offs so I turned my house into a bird house.
1. Cut blue card stock at 5.5 x 11 scored at 5.5. Cut circle patterned paper 2 x 11 and adhere to the bottom of the inside of the card.
2. To cut the card, keep your card base folded and place your die at the pivot point of the fence on the fold. Run your card through your die cutting machine several times. I have already cut and folded the card in this photo.
3. Cut leaf patterned paper (2) at 2 5/8 x 5.5 (front and back) and 5 x 5.5 (for inside) and adhere to card.
4. From green cardstock, die cut 3 leaves from Big Triple Leaf. For the flowers, put Double Sided Adhesive on white cardstock and die cut 3 small flowers from Flower Set 1. Remove release sheet and cover with Fuchsia Silk Microfine Glitter. Shake off excess and polish with your finger. Adhere leaves and flowers to card front.
5. Die cut 2 clouds from All Seasons Tree. Stamp sentiments and adhere to card using foam tape.
6. Die cut 2 light gray and 2 dark gray houses using the accessory dies included in the House Pivot die. Use scallop circle to cut a circle into both light gray houses. Use foam tape between light gray and dark gray layers for dimension.
7. Die cut 2 scalloped roofs from circle pattern paper and glue to top of light gray roof.
8. For the birds, adhere two pieces of cardstock together, adhere Double Sided Adhesive to the cardstock then die cut using Birds overlay die – do this twice. You don’t need to cut through all the layers of the cardstock, only the Double Sided Adhesive.
9. Use tweezers to remove several release sheet patterned areas at a time exposing the adhesive and sprinkle with desired color of Silk Microfine Glitter. Shake off excess glitter and polish with your finger.
10. Continue removing several areas at a time applying different colors of Silk Microfine Glitter until all is covered. Then cut out bird. Tip: use White Silk Microfine Glitter last as it may get tainted from the other glitters.
11. Die cut fence from light gray cardstock and glue over fence pivot area. Die cut 6 dark gray pickets and glue those over the light gray areas of the fence.
12. Die cut (2) dark gray poles from Lots of Pops and adhere to card as shown. Cut the poles where needed so card will pivot.
13. Glue grey bird houses to card. Use foam tape to adhere birds to bird houses.
14. Cut white cardstock at 7/8 x 2 1/8 and stamp sentiment. Cut dark gray cardstock at 1 x 2.25 and adhere to sentiment, then glue to bottom right corner of card.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try a triple pivot of your own.
Supplies by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
902 House Pivot Card
769 Accordion Circle Card
778 Lots of Pops
781 All Seasons Tree
Supplies by Elizabeth Craft Designs
796 Big Triple Leaf
701 Flower Set 1
601 Basic Black Silk Microfine Glitter
604 White Silk Microfine Glitter
619 Fuchsia Silk Microfine Glitter
624 Bluebell Silk Microfine Glitter
635 Spring Peridot Silk Microfine Glitter
502 Double Sided Adhesive
801 Fine Pointed Tweezers
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Pear Pizzaz (Stampin’ Up!), SEI “Poppy” Stack
Party Birdy stamp set Inky Antics
Foam tape / adhesive tape runner/ clear liquid glue
Onyx Black Versafine
ADORABLE Raquel and I LOVE the Glitter technique too!!!! Great Post and card…..
Awesome card! Cute birds!
Loving your bird house triple pivot card and those cute birds
Lovely card Raquel – so fun to see that ‘new to me’ glitter technique’ too! Wonderful insttructions.
Karen, Why don’t you do these tutorials in video, it is easier to interpret that way. These directions get me confused. you said to put designer on bottom of paper but it doesn’t look like any is there? I would rather watch you do it….
Love this and your tips regarding the release paper are greatly appreciated. Super duper.
Lovely card and all the tips and steps are really helpful!
I love this!
What a great card and a great tutorial! You’ve packed it full of techniques. Love those glittered birds and the clever use of the pole to elevate the bird houses. I should have named it the Raquel House Pivot Card die! 🙂
Raquel, seeing your card is wonderful and then seeing your card with the full tutorial is even more so! Incredible really! Love those little birds! Xxx
Really fun card, Raquel!! Love your innovative use of the House Pivot Card die to make a card with 2 (bird) houses with the fence in the middle!! My die is on the way and I can’t wait to play!! Thank you for the inspiration!!