Made by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for Elizabeth Craft Designs
I thought this would make a nice thank you card for a friend. After coloring the image, I decided to mimic the wrapping on the roses as the background on the card. I found some black and white striped paper and used the same colored markers for the stripes. They aren’t perfectly colored like a patterned paper would be, but I like the hand-made feel it gives to the card.
Making the Card
1. Cut purple cardstock 4 1/4 by 11 inches. Fold in half to create card base. Cut a piece of matching purple paper 3 3/4 by 6 inches. If you don’t have matching paper, use the same cardstock. Cut black and white striped paper 4 1/4 by 7 inches.
2. Stamp and color two images – the mouse carrying roses for the card front and a bee for the inside of the card. I used Copic markers. Color the black and white striped paper in matching colors. Use the scalloped oval from Accordion Oval set to cut out the mouse image. Carefully trim off the scallops so it will just be an oval. Cut the scalloped oval from black cardstock and adhere image to it as shown.
3. Cut a thin strip of red cardstock 4 1/4 inches long. Using Thank You die, cut 6 copies from red cardstock. Glue them together on top of one another so they will have thickness.
4. Center Lots of Pops die along purple card base fold and die cut as per the instructions.
Pop up only the main platform and one on top. Adhere purple paper behind cut area so the hole won’t show when card is opened. The photo below shows a side view of this.
Adhere striped paper to the card front as shown. It should cover the purple paper completely. Adhere red strip to card as shown (cover seam). Use dimensional tape to stick down the main image as shown. Adhere Thank You as shown.
5. Die cut 3 clouds (All Seasons Tree) of each size from dark and medium green cardstock
(12 total). Die cut 14 small leaves from light green cardstock. Using a foam blender tool, ink edges with Evergeen Bough Distress ink. Die cut tree from brown cardstock. Optional – draw bark lines using brown colored pencils. Adhere as shown.
6. Die cut clouds (All Seasons Tree) from White Iris Shimmer Sheetz using metal adaptor plate. Adhere largest cloud as shown. Adhere small cloud using dimensional tape as shown.
7. Die cut two copies of wheelbarrow from “distressed wood” cardstock. Cut out “main section” from one. Cut a piece of red cardstock 1 5/8 by 1 inch; cut an arc across one wide end. This will go in the wheelbarrow to hold the flowers. Adhere it to the full wheelbarrow on the design side. Add dimensional tape to the back of the “main section” and line it up with the wheelbarrow; stick down.
8. From red paper, cut 13 small four rounded petal flowers (Bunch of Flowers 1) and 13 small five petal flowers (pictured above). Ink edges of both sides with Aged Mahogany. Cut 12 leaves (All Seasons Tree) from green paper. Ink edges of both sides with Forest Moss.
Coat both sides of all cuts with Distress Crackle Paint, Rock Candy. Shape petals by rubbing in the center with something rounded like the end of a small paint brush. I use a rubber mouse pad under flowers for shaping. Shape leaves by drawing down the centers with a die pick or small embossing tool. Curl the tips of all leaves and petals from behind using your thumb and long edge of tool.
9. Adhere each four-petal flower to center of a five-petal flower. Add some glue to the center and pinch/scrunch from behind to form a rose. Glue 10 of the flowers to the red cardstock in the wheelbarrow. Glue 9 leaves between the flowers, similar to what is shown.
10. Die cut 2 grass pieces (Garden Bench) from green paper; ink edges with Forest Moss.
Coat with Distress Crackle, Rock Candy. Adhere one in front of tree as shown.
11. Fussy cut bee image. Add Wink of Stella to wings (optional). Bend a few inches of wire around the end of a small paintbrush to create loops. Bend small flat loops at each end of wire. Adhere one end to back of bee by sandwiching it between the image and a small piece of white cardstock. Similarly stick the other end to the upper pop up platform using purple cardstock. Bend the bee wire as desired.
12. Adhere wheelbarrow to front of main pop up platform. Adhere grass as shown. Adhere two flowers and one leaf in front of wheelbarrow as shown. Add one flower and two leaves to the right of the wheelbarrow. Add two tree leaves to the bottom of the card as shown – your hand-written message will go under those.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 772 Accordion Oval (Scalloped Oval)
- 788 Thank You
- 778 Lots of Pops
- 728 Bunch of Flowers 1
- 781 All Seasons Tree
- 780 Garden Bench, Grass
- 933 Wheel Barrow
- Shimmer Sheetz, White Iridescent
- Metal Adaptor Plate
- Purple Cardstock, Optional Matching Purple Paper
- Red, Black, Brown Cardstock, 3 Shades of Green Cardstock
- Red and Green Paper
- B&W Striped Paper
- Penny Black Stuck on You Stamps (or other stamp set)
- Copic or Other Alcohol Markers
- Wink of Stella (optional)
- Black Wire
- Colored Pencils, various browns (optional)
- Distress Ink, Evergreen Bough, Forest Moss, Aged Mahogany
- Distress Crackle Paint, Rock Candy
- Distressed Wood Cardstock (I used MME Bramble Rose 6×6)
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. So cute outside, then…surprise, just gorgeousness.
Awesome Awesome Card and those Roses POW!!!
Love this card, the hedgehog stamp is cute, I like how you coloured the rose wrapping to match the background paper, a small thing but a great idea. Love the wheelbarrow and how you did the roses. I just love all the ECD products. Thanks for sharing this!!!
I cannot get over how gorgeous those roses are! Wonderful design and card, Mary! So pretty!
Wow, those roses are amazing! What wonderful details.
So many great techniques! LOVE the roses especially. Great card, Mary!
Mary, this is SO sweet! I love how you created the wheelbarrow, those beautiful crumpled flowers but my favourite is the little bee on the wire. Such a fun detail!
Love all the pretty details. Beautiful card Mary!
This is so pretty! The flowers turned out great and I love the wheelbarrow.
I love this card!! The little mouse is so cute and the roses, roses, roses are just gorgeous.
Really gorgeous, Mary! Those roses . . .wow!
Very pretty card
This card is both beautiful and adorable.