Hi, it’s Candy here. This time I wanted to share an adorable mobile I created with dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs. My inspiration came from something Els said. When she saw a card
I made with the Rubber Ducky die she commented that it would make a cute mobile – so I made one!
1. Cut 8 duck bodies and 8 duck wings from Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz (use Metal Adaptor Plate to make clean cuts).
2. Add a small piece of Shimmer Sheetz to back of duck to cover eye hole. Option: Omit the extra piece of Shimmer Sheetz behind the eye hole and instead of using googly eyes (Step 5) allow the eye to remain a simple open oval shape.
3. Cut beaks from orange cardstock and adhere to ducks. Option: Cut beaks from Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.
4. Use dimensional foam adhesive to attach wings. Option: For 2-sided ducks, add a beak and
a wing to the other side of the body and omit the extra piece of Shimmer Sheetz and googly eyes (see Option in Step 2).
5. Glue on goggly eyes.
6. Cut 3 hearts from Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz.
7. Protect the work table with a piercing mat. Use piercing tool to create a hole in each of the ducks and hearts.
8. Paint embroidery hoop.
9. Drill small holes in embroidery hoop.
10. Attach hearts and ducks to hoop with jewelry string.
11. Use fishing swivels (with hooks removed) to connect strings together to create a hanger.
String or fishing line
Piercing Tool & Mat
Dimensional Foam Adhesive