Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel Mason. With the holiday season approaching, I wanted to make a gift card holder using Elizabeth Craft Designs’ new Tags & More 1 Lace. Let me show you how I made it.
1. Cut pattern paper at 3.25 x 11 and score at 3.25 and 7.75. Use Tags & More 1 to die cut the tag shape into the top.
2. Cut vanilla cardstock at 2 x 3.25. Use Tags & More 1 to die cut the lace shape. Use scissors to cut the bottom following the “V” shape then adhere to pattern paper from step 1 as shown.
3. Cut dark brown cardstock at 2 x 3.25. Use Tags & More 1 to die cut the lace shape. Adhere the “Lace” pieces into the open areas on vanilla cardstock.
4. Cut pattern paper at 1 x 3.25 and adhere to the panel on the right as shown.
5. From dark brown cardstock die cut 4 corner pieces from Tags & More 1. Center gift card on middle panel. Use these 4 pieces to hold the gift card in position (like photo corners in an album). One small glue dot per corner should be plenty. To be 100% sure the gift card can’t fall out, add a piece of low-tack removable (poster) tape on the back to secure it.
6. Cut dark brown cardstock at 3 x 3 and adhere to panel on the right as shown. Cut vanilla cardstock at 2.75 x 2.75 and adhere on top of dark brown. This step is optional, but it provides a spot to write a personalized greeting.
7. Cut dark brown ribbon at 12″. Thread ribbon through hole, wrap around gift card holder and tie a knot.
8. Other options – Instead of a gift card, tuck in an Artist Trading Card, photo, a ticket to a movie, play or sporting event, or a coupon good for babysitting or a homemade treat. (Lengthen the tag if needed.)
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Pattern paper (Stampin’ Up!)
Dark brown & Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)
Ribbon (Stampin’ Up!)
Such a Great ides Raquel….Love the Colors you used!
Great idea using the tags & more dies to create a gift holder
like the idea. always need gift card holders
Do you have printable instructions for this project?
Unfortunately we don’t have a printable version of this post however you could print of the post itself.
What a fun project and so versatile for many occasions, love it!
Raquel, this is such a great way to present a gift card!