Hi, Kelly Booth here. I know many of you that live back east in the US or in other places where it snows all the time are not looking forward to winter, but here in the desert I wish it would snow. I think snowmen and snowflakes are just magical. Today’s card features both of them on a fun Pop It Up!
1. Take a piece of light blue cardstock 8 1/2″ by 11″ and spray it with Dylusions White Spray. Let it dry. Cut 4 3/4″ x 11″ from this piece and score at 5 1/2″. Place the Lucy Label Pop Up die on the score line and run it through your die cutting machine. Gently fold the scored lined and shape the pop up. ( Save the extra you will use that in step 4)
2. Cut a piece of medium blue cardstock 4 3/4″ by 11″ and score at 5 1/2″. Stamp star pattern in white ink on the front of this.
3. Adhere the two together by placing pieces of double sided adhesive on the back of the light blue piece and placing it inside the medium blue card front. Trim away any edges that don’t line up just right.
4. Take the leftover light blue cardstock and cut a piece 3 1/4″ by 5″. Place tag top die from Tags & More 1 – Lace at the top and run it through your die cutting machine. Take the decorative swirl die and line it up on the tag so the hole matches and run it through the die cutting machine.
5. Take a piece of white cardstock 3 1/4″ by 5″, place the tag top die at the top and run it through your die cutting machine. Adhere this piece to the back of the light blue tag with the swirls. With a scrap of medium blue cardstock, cut a circle tag reinforcer and adhere around the hole in the tag. Put a piece of ribbon through the hole and secure.
6. Place pieces of double sided adhesive on the back of the tag and place it on the front of your card.
7. Adhere white cardstock 4″ by 6″ to a piece of double sided adhesive the same size. Peel off the backing and place in on your work table with the shiny side up. Peel off one snowman in frame and place sticker sticky side up on your protective backing. Place your cardstock with the adhesive side facing down on top. Turn over so the cardstock is on the bottom and peel off protective backing making sure not to touch the exposed adhesive. Cover adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish and brush of excess glitter.
8. Color the snowman peel-off with Alcohol markers (I used Copics). Cut out snowman label staying as close to the silver edge as possible. (Save the extra glittered card stock as you will use this later).
9. Place a single layer of foam tape or pop dots to the back of the snowman and place it on the center of your tag on the card front.
10. Adhere white cardstock 4″ by 4″ to a piece of double sided adhesive the same size.
Peel off the backing and cover the adhesive with Silver Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish and brush of excess glitter.
11. Using the leftover piece of cardstock covered with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, cut 1 large, 1 medium and one small snowflake using the Elizabeth Craft Designs Snowflake die set.
12. With your silver glittered cardstock, cut 1 medium and one small snowflake.
13. Place one medium snowflake on the top left hand corner of the snowman label by adding liquid adhesive to just one of the snowflake arms. Add a Transparent/Silver Glitter Dot in the center of the snowflake.
14. Stamp a greeting on a piece of white cardstock with silver ink. Place a small label die from the Katie Label Pivot die set around the sentiment and run through your die cutting machine. Place two layers of foam adhesive or pop dots to the right and left side of the label and place it onto the bottom left side of your card. Now the front of the card should be finished.
15. Take your Lucy Label Pop Up die and cut it on a scrap of white cardstock making sure you cut the label shape. Cut the label shape out snipping at the connection points. Stamp a greeting for the inside using silver ink. Adhere label over the label on the inside of the card.
16. Place one small silver snowflake to the left side of the large white snowflake on the inside of the card by putting liquid adhesive on two of the snowflake arms.
17. Adhere a medium silver snowflake to the right side of the greeting label and a white small one on the left using a little dot of liquid adhesive.
18. Take two of the silver snowflakes from your Snowman in Frames Peel-off sheet and place one on the top of the platform inside the card and another just above the large snowflake.
Add a Transparent/Silver Glitter Dot in the center of all snowflakes except for the large one. Your card is now complete!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Cardstock (Light Blue, Medium Blue, White)
Dylusions Ink spray White
Silver and White Ink pads
Foam Tape or Pop Dots
Die Cutting Machine