Hello crafty friends,
This is Rita Edwards here and I would like to share my new framed project with you: Deer family in rolling hills.
While organizing my craft room I came across a frame I had long forgotten and knew instantly that today’s project would be placed in this frame.
As always, I hope you have a nice cup of coffee or tea in your hand so you can sit back and enjoy my tutorial.
This is how you can create your very own framed artwork:
1. Cut blue cardstock at 6″ wide x 6″ high, set aside.
2. Cut green cardstock at 6″ wide x 4″ high. Using the pine trees die from the Outdoor Edges die set, die cut edge. Using some scrap pieces, die cut additional pine trees, trim at the ‘trunks’, set aside
3. Using the same green cardstock, die cut the leaves with the Curvy Leaves die set. Trim each leaf off and set the individual leaves aside.
4. Cut brown cardstock at 6″ wide x 2.5″ high. Using the rolling hills die from the Outdoor Edges die set, die cut edge.
5. Using the same brown cardstock, die cut a tree with the All Seasons Tree die set.
6. Using the All Seasons Tree die set, cut clouds from blue and white cardstock.
7. Have Double Sided Adhesive, Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, Deer Peel-off stickers in black, white cardstock and a clean non-stick craft mat ready for this step: Peel off the release sheet from the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet and adhere the adhesive side to white cardstock. Peel off the other release sheet and place it upside down on your craft mat (shiny side up). Place the peel-offs upside down on the release sheet (sticky side up) and place your white cardstock with the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet applied to it on top (This will pick up the stickers onto the adhesive.) Turn over, remove the release sheet and cover adhesive and peel-offs with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your finger. Brush off the excess glitter; return it to the jar for other projects.
8. Use your Copic or other alcohol markers to color the glittered peel-offs. Fussy cut around the peel-offs. Els has a wonderful video demonstrating this technique on YouTube: Silk Microfine Glitter – Coloring with Alcohol Markers. Once blending (darker to lighter color) is complete, use a white pen to add spots to the fawn.
9. The photo below will show you all of the pieces for our scene.
10. Using the blue cardstock as base, adhere the green die cut aligning the bottom edges, add the additional pine trees. Also aligning the bottom edges, adhere the brown die cut next. Adhere the tree as the next layer, trim off overhanging branches.
11. Using foam adhesive for dimension, adhere the deer family as shown in the project photo.
12. Decorate the tree with the green leaves and Blue Glitter Flowers. Add the clouds. Using a silver glitter pen, outline the layers with ‘stitching’. Place inside frame, hang and enjoy for many years to come.
Thank you for following my tutorial. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did creating it. And most of all I hope that it will inspire you to make a framed project of your own.
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies:
(914) Outdoor Edges die set
(781) All Seasons Tree die set
(730) Curvy Leaves die set
(8528 ) Deer Peel-off Sticker in Black
(7048) Glitter Flowers Peel-off Sticker in Blue
Double Sided Adhesive
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter