Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel Mason here today. With the busy holiday season upon us, I’d like to show you how to make a quick shimmery & sparkly card with only a few supplies. You can change the sentiment to suit your needs as Elizabeth Craft Designs has so many wonderful word peel-offs to choose from.
1. Cut a piece of gray cardstock at 5.5 x 8.5 and score at 4.25 for an A2 sized base card.
2. Cut a piece of White Iris Shimmer Sheetz at 4 x 5.25. Emboss using Ginko embossing folder. Swipe Teal Blue StazOn ink directly on top of the embossed areas. Use a sanding block to distress and remove some color, wipe off dust. I added some rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball then rubbed it on the Shimmer Sheetz to remove more color. Adhere to card base.
3. Cut a piece of teal cardstock at 3.25 x 4.25 and die cut top portion using Tags & More 1 – Lace to create the tag.
4. From gray cardstock die cut (2) decorative corner pieces and (1) reinforcement. Adhere these pieces to tag, use photo for placement. Add ribbon through the reinforcement hole and tie a bow with twine. Adhere to card base.
5. From gray cardstock die cut Lotus Flower.
6. Adhere a piece of Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet to white cardstock that is large enough to fit the Lotus Flower, then die cut Lotus Flower overlay. Remove the release sheet, cover with Antique Silver Silk Microfine Glitter, shake off excess and polish with your finger. Adhere die cut overlay to gray Lotus Flower from step 5.
7. Use dimensional tape to adhere Lotus Flower to card.
8. Apply Thinking of You peel-off on the tag. Use photo for placement.
9. Optional: emboss the flap of your envelope using Ginko embossing folder.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies –
605 Antique Silver Silk Microfine Glitter
503 Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet
SS0102 White Iris Shimmer Sheetz
2580 Thinking of You Large Peel-off
Basic Gray & Bermuda Bay cardstock – Stampin’ Up!
Teal Blue StazOn
ribbon and twine
Pretty lotus! Like how you used a coordinating embossing folder for the background.
Love the color combo and love love the glittered overlay- so beautiful and versatile!