Hi, Kelly Booth here for Pop It Ups Wednesday! I wanted to create a Pop it Ups card with the *new* Barn and make it a dog house for Buster the Dog using some soft colors that appeal to me. I love when I can limit my colors and make a quick card.
Here are the Dies we will be using
And the Cuts and pieces you will need:
1.Cut 2 pieces of cardstock to 4.50″ x 11″ (one light aqua and one Kraft). Score each of these pieces in half making top fold cards. Stamp the paw print background on the front of the aqua piece with matching ink. Do the same on the Kraft piece by stamping the pattern on the inside with coordinating ink.
2. Line up the Lucy Label Pop It Ups die on the center fold of the Kraft card, aligning the nubs on the die with the fold. Run through the die cutting machine. Gently press the folds in on the score lines and shape the pop up. Add strips of ECD Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back of the Kraft pop up piece making sure you get tape close to the area where it pops up. Remove the backing one side at a time and adhere to the inside of the aqua card, lining up the center folds.
3. Cut the Barn out of Kraft and stamp it using the the paw print background and light brown ink. Using the larger oval accent die found in the Oval Accordion die set, place it partially over the barn at the base, centered horizontally, and run through the die cutting machine making a doorway for the dog house. Cut an aqua barn and adhere it to the back side of the Kraft barn. Cut a piece of the roof trim in white and adhere to the top of the barn with a liquid adhesive.
4. Cut a piece of Kraft cardstock 4.5″ x 2″ and place the wavy hills Outdoor Edges die towards the top and run through the die cutting machine. Stamp a sentiment with dark brown ink. Die cut the Buster the Dog detail layer in white and the shadow layer in light gray. Cut his eyes in dark brown and his nose in black. Adhere the pieces using glue. Since the dog will be tucked in behind the hill, shorten him by cutting away half the body.
5. Adhere the Barn to the front of the card using ECD Double Sided Adhesive Tape and positioned about 3/4″ from the bottom edge of the card. Place ECD Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the Back of the Wavy Hill piece just toward the bottom (leave the top without adhesive so you can place Buster where you want him.) Put liquid glue on the back of Buster and slide him behind the hill so he looks like he is peeking out of the dog house.
6. Cut a stitched Katie Label out of white card stock using two dies found in the Katie Label Accordion card set. Place it towards the bottom of the card for a space to write in.
7. Using the Lucy Label Pop Up Die cut it out of a scrap of aqua card stock, snip the connection points and put ECD Double Sided Adhesive on the Back , stamp sentiment in the center using a dark brown ink. Place some ECD Double Sided Adhesive tape on the back of the label and place over the Kraft label on the inside of the card.
8. Cut two sets of Paw Prints found in the Props #4 set twice once from dark brown and once from Kraft. Adhere the opposite paw outline to each of the paw prints. Adhere one to the Pop Up above the label on the inside and one to the front of the card in the lower right hand corner.
9. To finish the front off I added black pearls to Buster’s eyes (Black Glitter Dots work well too but I was out) and a little Glossy accents on his nose.
I hope you have enjoyed this card using just a few colors! Thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog and Have a Super Day!
– Kelly Booth
Cardstock: Aqua, Kraft,White,Black,Dark Brown and Light Gray
Paw Print Background & Sentiment stamps – MFT
Dye Ink Aqua, Light Brown and Dark Brown
Die Cutting Machine