Tomorrow it’s time for another Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge and this month we challenged our designers to create a project using one of the new Circles, Bricks or Pebbles dies. Today we like to sneak peek two projects for this month’s challenge created by our talented guest designer Judi Kauffman.
Thank you for inviting me to be a guest designer for this month’s challenge. I knew I wanted to use the new “Circles” die, but I couldn’t decide whether to make a pair of earrings or a card so I made BOTH!
“Circles” is one of those endlessly versatile dies that I know will be in constant use for a long, long time.
Instructions for the earrings:
- Die cut two Circles pieces from Shimmer Sheetz in your favorite color. (Reminder: Use the Metal Adaptor Plate for die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Review this VIDEO tutorial if you have not done this technique before.
- Sand the die cut Shimmer Sheetz if you want to tone down the sparkle. The earrings shown have been lightly sanded to reveal the silver core color in the Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz. Iridescent colors have a white core, Gemstone colors have a silver core, Metallic colors have a transparent core. Optional: Instead of sanding the die cut Shimmer Sheetz, alter it with alcohol inks or run it through an embossing folder with a small all-over pattern.
- Gently bend the die cut Shimmer Sheetz to form a teardrop-style loop. For earrings that measure approximately 3.5” add an eye-pin with beads above the Shimmer Sheetz Circles piece. If you prefer shorter earrings omit the beads and use only earring wires.
Instructions for the card:
- Back a piece of Shimmer Sheetz with Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Sheet. Die cut one Circles piece from Shimmer Sheetz in your favorite color. (See Reminder in step 1 for earrings if you have not previously die cut Shimmer Sheetz.)
- Pull the release sheet from the back of the die cut Shimmer Sheetz to expose adhesive, place the Circles on another piece of Shimmer Sheetz in a coordinating color. Optional: Lightly sand the second piece of Shimmer Sheetz as shown to tone down some of the sparkle before adding the Circles piece.
- Add the Circles piece to a card front made with a mix of solid color and patterned cardstock. Incorporate a greeting (peel-off or die cut). Add dimensional embellishments, like Shimmer Sheetz or glittered flowers, a dragonfly, or whatever suits your taste and the occasion.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet (for Card)
2577 Happy Birthday Large Peel-off in Black or other greeting of choice (for Card)
For Earrings –
Earring wires, eye pins, beads, jewelry pliers
For Card –
Come Away with Me Collection 6 x 6 papers from Graphic 45; Adhesive backed pearl for center of larger flower, 7018 Glitter Dots in Orange/Silver for center of smaller flower