Hi there! It’s Suzanne Cannon here today with a closer look at the new word dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs which will be in stores soon.
I’m so honored to be part of the Elizabeth Craft Designs family and look forward to sharing all sorts of ways to make the die cuts from A Way With Words Collection come alive. It’s so exciting to see artwork originally done with broad-edged pen and ink on my drafting table, transformed to die cut words ready to share on cards and multi-media projects!
Here are just a few ideas to help you create clean and simple cards with lots of impact. You just know these cards are going to stand out!
Congratulations uses a bright band of color to make the sentiment pop.
- Form a 5 x 6.5” tent-folded card base from watercolor paper.
- Die cut Congratulations from watercolor paper.
- Open the card. Use a broad brush to spread a band of water measuring approximately 1.5” across the middle of the card front.
- To add color to this card I used Brusho powders and dropped them into the wet surface allowing them to blend across the band. Any highly colored media that blends well can be used such as watercolors or inks. Allow to dry.
- Adhere Congratulations over the band of color.
Friends features a small gold drop shadow to coordinate with the sweet birdies.
- Form a 5 x 7” tent-folded card base using a deeply colored cardstock. This sample uses Core’dinations Aquamarine.
- Die cut Friends from Core’dinations Atoll Aqua and another from gold cardstock. Adhere the gold Friends behind the colored Friends slightly offset so it is just peeking out from behind the colored cardstock.
- Die cut the two birds from gold.
- Adhere the birds and Friends to the card front as shown on sample. I love dimension, so I’ll roll bits of tape or glue dots to attach the elements to my card base. You can also use foam tape, but you have to cut the pieces very small! Use your Elizabeth Craft Designs Fine Pointed Scissors and Fine Pointed Tweezers to make and handle those little bits!
With Sympathy is assembled in muted colors with multiple layers of simple rectangles of cardstock. Don’t worry if the ascenders and descenders of the letters extend past the edges of the panel they’re attached to. It makes your creation more dimensional and interesting!
- Form a 5 x 7” tent-folded card base using patterned paper. (For this sample I used Heartfelt Creations Raindrops on Roses Collection cardstock)
- Die cut With Sympathy from the lightest colored cardstock.
- Cut coordinating panels measuring 6 ½ x 4 ½ ”, 5 ¼ x 3 ¼ ” and 5” x 3”.
- Attach smallest panel to next panel with double-sided tape. Attach this panel to the next larger panel with foam tape. Attach this panel to the card base with foam tape.
- Attach die cut words to top panel with small pieces of foam tape with the help of Fine Pointed Scissor and Fine Pointed Tweezers.
This is just the very tip of the iceberg! The possibilities with these three simple cards are endless. By simply changing the colors and papers you can customize your card for that special person receiving it. Thanks for joining us and happy creating!