Hi everyone! Helen here with you today, with a nice and simple Christmas card, featuring Karen Burniston’s beautiful new Merry Christmas Pop Up die set, and Jolly the Mouse. If you like making all your own Christmas cards, September is not a bad time to start!
Here’s what I did:
1. Cut a red piece of cardstock to 14.2cm x 20.2cm, (5.5″ x 8″) and a turquoise piece of patterned paper to 14cm x 20cm. (5.25″ x 7.75″) Fold both in half, and die cut the turquoise piece with the Merry Christmas Pop Up die. Cut 2 strips of red polka dot patterned paper to 3cm x 14cm, and 2cm x 14.2cm. Cut some red Shimmer Sheetz to 2.5cm x 14.2cm. Die cut all the pieces for a Jolly the Mouse, as shown below (though missing from the photo are his glittery tail, and candy cane). Also die cut a Father Christmas hat for Jolly, using dies from the Props 5. Die cut ‘Merry Christmas’ words and the two little swirls from red Shimmer Sheetz. Die cut the four little hearts, and the large swirl from silver glitter card. Use stamps from the Merry and Bright stamp set, as per below.
Here are Karen Burniston’s Pop It Up products which I used:
2. Fold the Merry Christmas pop-up according to the package instructions (or watch Karen’s assembly video) and adhere the turquoise patterned paper inside the red cardstock. Adhere the red words and swirls, and silver glitter pieces. Adhere the folded ‘Happy New Year’ banner with foam pads. Adhere the 3cm x 14cm red polka dot patterned paper to the foot of the card as shown below. Assemble Jolly the Mouse, and his candy cane as shown below, and adhere to the card. Assemble the Father Christmas hat, and also adhere to the card.
3. For the outside of the card, stick on the remaining red polka dot patterned paper, and red Shimmer Sheetz strip, then adhere the two stamped pieces as shown below. Adhere a red gingham bow near the sentiment.
And you are done! I hope you enjoyed my card today, and feel inspired to have a go at making a Christmas card too!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
- Merry Christmas Pop Up (1039)
- Jolly the Mouse (1038)
- Props 5 (1040)
- Merry and Bright stamps (CS003)
- Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0214)
- Red, Black, White and Peach Cardstock
- Turquoise and Red Patterned Papers
- Silver Glittered Cardstock
- Red Ink
- Red Gingham Ribbon
- Tape Runner, Foam Pads, Glue Pen and Clear Glue.