Hi everyone – it’s Sandy Diller here to share a project using the new “Through the Lens” papers from Els van de Burgt Studio. I fell in love with these papers at first sight, so of course couldn’t wait to use them. I haven’t made an artist trading block for awhile so thought this is a perfect time to use these great papers in a fun way. Valentine’s Day is not too far away – why not combine the two?
From Die #794 Heart with Wings cut:
- 4 Wings.
- 2 Large Hearts.
- 10 Small Hearts, 5 with ECD Double Sided Adhesive.
From Die #1124 Corners 1 cut:
- 20 corners.
From Die #1064 Fitted Frames 2 Lace Squares – using center part only cut:
- 6 centers – 2 black, 2 copper and 2 silver were used here.
From Die #1063 Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles cut:
- 4 centers – 2 of each color.
From TTL001 Through the Lens Paper Cut:
- 4 panels for sides and one panel for top – same size as block.
- Using ink and blending tool or sponge – edge all corners and wings.
- Mark top of block to find center, drill hole and place skewer in hole. A large cooking skewer was used here.
- Cover sides and top with paper.
- Sand all edges leaving white edges all around.
- Using ink and blending tool or sponge – ink all edges. Vintage Photo Distress ink was used here.
- On two sides, alternate colors using the different colors from the die pieces.
- Glue pieces in place and add small brad to each corner.
- For remaining two sides – alternate colors using the die pieces & glue in place.
- Glue corners in place.
- Attach legs with hot glue – many different kinds of legs can be used.
- Select letters for words and glue in place with hot glue.
- Using craft wire, cut 5 pieces of different lengths. Bend wire leaving a small loop on the bottom to fit over skewer.
- Peel double sided adhesive from one heart, place on wire and cover with non adhesive heart.
- Place over skewer so hearts are going in different directions.
- Glue wings to hearts and add brads – be sure to match up wings so they are the same on both hearts when placed back to back.
- Glue hearts w/wings together, back to back. Do not glue in center of heart allowing it to slip over the skewer.
- Add glue to skewer and slide heart w/wings over the top.
Have a fabulous weekend,
1064 Fitted Frames 2 Lace Squares
1063 Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles
TTL001 Through the Lens – Metal
Wood or papier mache block, mini & small brads, ink, blending tool or sponge, legs, wire.
Love this project. Thanks for the great idea.
Fantastic make Sandy!
I love this!
Super project. I’m a big fan of the heart with wings die set and this is a terrific way to p;ut it to use.
Gorgeous, loving those rustic tones X X X
such a fun project Sandy
Just LOVE this!!
Love all of the ideas
Wow! This is amazing!!
Great project and tutorial. Thanks.