Hi Everyone. it is Christine from Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s Design Team and today I am sharing a birthday card that I designed for my sister using Susan’s Garden Notes Sunflower die. This card is a 6″ X 6″.
Here is how the card was made.
- Cut 12″ X 12″ Dark Chocolate cardstock in half (2 pieces 6″ X 12″) set 1 piece aside to use later. Score 1 piece at 6″ and fold so that the outside of the card is brown crease and then unfold.
- Using Paris Edge die place 1 end of die on fold and 1 edge at bottom of card ( see photos). Run through die cutting machine (I run it through 2-3 times). Trim away the top piece on the crease.
- Take the remaining piece of dark chocolate cardstock cut 1 piece 5-3/4″ X 5-3/4″ adhere to the inside of the card using clear double sided adhesive.
- Using Through the Lens Stone Series paper cut a piece 5-1/2″ X 5-1/2″ adhere to the brown cardstock on inside of card.
- Using A Way With Words Happy Birthday die cut 1 from the remaing piece of dark chocolate cardstock and one from white cardstock. Attach brown Happy Birthday to upper right of card using clear drying glue then attach white in same manner offsetting slightly giving it a shadow look.
- Cut 2 Leafy Branches cut them apart, shape on molding pad using ball tool, arrange and adhere to from flap using clear drying glue.
- Cut, color and shape 3 sunflowers and some leaves using Susan’s tool kit and mats. Susan has a video that is very helpful in making these sunflowers it can be found here.
- Attach flowers and leaves to front card flap over the leafy branches usinf clear drying glue.
- Using the next to the smallest stitched oval die cut 1 piece from white cardstock. Using the large oval die from Accordion Oval card cut 1 piece from dark chocolate. Adhere the white oval on top of the brown oval using double sided clear adhesive.
- Stamp on the white oval using Susan’s Seeds of Thought Stamp – Happiness Comes From Within using black (or brown) ink.
I do hope that you have enjoyed my post as much as I have enjoyed creating it. Now it is your turn to create your card following my tutorial.
Until next time
Elizabeth Craft Design Supplies Used
Other Supplies Used
Cardstock White, Yellow, Brown and Green (Scraps)
Clear Drying Glue