It’s Joset here today sharing this fall-themed Mushroom card with you. For this card I used the new Els van de Burgt Studio Entwined Circles, a die set that is great for any card and perfect for all sorts of backgrounds. I decorated the card with the Mushrooms die set from my Joset Designs collection and the A Way With Words “Thanks” die by Suzanne Cannon. Let’s get started!
- Cut Rust Soft Finish Cardstock 5.5″ x 11″, score at 5.5″ and fold in half to create a top-fold card base.
- Cut one Stitched Square from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the largest die in the Stitched Squares set. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Adhere to card front.
- Cut one Square from the Through the Lens Wood series cardstock using the largest die in the Fitted Squares set. Adhere op top of the Stitched Square.
- Cut Entwined Circles from White Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive using the largest die in the set. Color with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using the Mini Ink Blending Tool. (Tip: Use gentle hand pressure when applying the ink to make sure the Entwined Circles don’t tear.) Adhere to card front. Accent with Red/Gold Glitter Dots peel-offs at the spots where the circles overlap.
- Die cut parts for one large mushroom and 2 small ones from White Soft Finish cardstock using the Mushrooms die set. Also die cut 3 grass pieces (2 large, 1 small). Color die cut pieces with Distress Inks (Red = Fired Brick, Brown = Tea Dye, Green = Peeled Paint). Assemble mushrooms and adhere to card front at the base of the Entwined Circles. Add the grass, overlapping the pieces as shown below. Optional: Back the White SFC with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet or wide Tape before die cutting instead of using glue to adhere the pieces to each other and to the card front.
6. Die cut Thanks twice from White Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet (or wide Tape). Layer one on top of the other for added stability and dimension. Color the top part of the sentiment using Tea Dye Distress Ink. Adhere sentiment to card front above mushrooms, overlapping Entwined Circles as shown. Option: Use glue instead of Clear Double Sided Adhesive to adhere the pieces to each other before coloring, and then to the card front.
I hope that you enjoyed creating this fall-themed Mushroom card using the New Els van de Burgt Studio Entwined Circles and other fun dies. See you next time!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Glitter Dots Peel-offs in Red/Gold
Kids Choice Glue
Distress Inks in Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick and Tea Dye
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool Round
Oh, I love this! <3
I love this card Joset. Your coloring is fantastic! The tutorial is also great.
Love your card Joset. The wood with the mushrooms gives such a rustic feel. So fall like.
Great card and great tutorial, Joset.