Hello Crafty Friends! Kathy Jo here sharing a quick and fun chalkboard winter card using the oh-so-cool ‘Brrrr’ die designed by Suzanne Cannon. It is a card that kids and kids at heart will love to make and give to family and friends. So…let’s get to it!Instructions:
- Die cut a piece of white card stock using the Brrr die. Keep both the die cut and the negative piece of card stock. Secure the negative piece to a black card stock (larger than 4.25 x 5.5″) using washi tape.
- Dab Distress Paint onto exposed area of the negative die cut.
- Remove white negative card stock and either air dry or use a heat tool to dry the paint.
- Die cut black card stock using Stitched Rectangles die. Die cut a piece of white card stock using Dotted Scallop Rectangles die. Mount onto blue top-fold 4.25 x 5.5″ card base using double faced adhesive tape.
- Die cut white card stock using snowflakes. Lay out Brrr and snowflake die cuts to determine locations of snowflakes. Dab Distress Paint onto black background where you wish the snowflakes to be located. Air dry.
- Die cut 1/8″ thick white foam using Brrr die. Mount onto black background using liquid adhesive glue. Mount die cut Brrr from white card stock onto foam using liquid adhesive. Adhere snowflakes using liquid adhesive. Trim snowflakes at edges of the card as needed so they don’t extend past the black rectangle. Accent the center of each snowflake with a light blue gem.
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies:
- Distress Paint (Broken China)
- Black and white card stock
- 1/8″ white craft foam
- Liquid adhesive
- light blue gems
Thank you for stopping by! I do hope you enjoyed the chalkboard card.
Have a happy, crafty day.