Hello my crafty friends. Christine here from the Susan’s Garden Design Team with a card that showcases some of Susan’s latest releases. The new dies are Garden Notes Rose 3, Ivy Vine, and Pottery Pitcher. Susan just keeps coming up with more and more wonderful dies. The card is a 6″ X 6″ and here is how it was created.
- Make a 6″ x 6″ top- or side-fold card base.
- To create the white frame, cut a 6″ X 6″ piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Place the largest Stitched Square die in the middle of cardstock, face down, making sure that there is an even border all around the outside edge of die – tape die down using removable tape (I use Washi tape); die cut. Keep the frame for this card and set the center square aside to be used for another card.
- Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape adhere a 6″ square piece of Through the Lens – Stone paper to front of card base. Note which sheet I chose and how the paper is oriented if you want to precisely duplicate my card. Add frame to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- The roses are cut from White 85# Soft Finish Cardstock. For the 3 large roses cut all petals 3 times for each rose using Garden Notes Rose 3. This should give you enough petals for the 3 small roses/buds. Using pink from Susan’s PanPastels Kit 1 add shading to the petals. (Refer to Susan’s YouTube video for Rose 1 as a guide for shading, shaping and assembling).
- Using Twisted Olive Soft Finish Cardstock cut 12 stems and several leaves. Edge 6 stems and all leaves with Crushed Olive Distress Ink. Lay all face down on leaf pad and with leaf tool add stem line to each. On right side gently pinch back on stem line add Bright Yellow green PanPastel from Kit 1. Lay all leaves face up on leaf pad add vein lines on each side of stem line. Pinch bottom of leaves together and lay face down on molding pad. With medium ball tool rub end of each leaf, curling it back.
- Using Forest Green Soft Finish Cardstock cut 1 pc from each Garden Notes Ivy Vine (2 pc). Lay face down on leaf mat using leaf tool add stem line to center of each leaf. Turn over, add vein lines. Shade a little with Bright Yellow Green and Red Iron Oxide PanPastels Kit 1. Pinch up on the leaves to add dimension.
- Using Garden Notes Pottery Pitcher die cut 2 from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on front side. When cutting pitcher lay die face down on the adhesive side against the protective ‘release sheet’. Adhere two pitchers together. Remove the protective coating from top pitcher, coat with Royal Blue Silk Microfine Glitter and polish it with your finger to bring out the maximum sparkle. Lay pitcher face down on molding mat and use large ball tool to rub over the back to give the pitcher dimension and form.
- Arrange roses in pitcher, putting stems through the opening at the top of the pitcher as shown. When pleased with the arrangement, adhere to back of pitcher using Kids Choice Glue.
- Attach pitcher to front of card using Kids Choice Glue. Be very careful to only put glue on very edge of pitcher. (It is the consistency of toothpaste and you only need a tiny bit!) Finish adding leaves and ivy using Kids Choice Glue.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
That is my card tutorial I do hope it has inspired you to make your own card. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for all the wonderful products to make your own cards.
Until next time………..