What fun to create a beautiful pocket card. Good Morning, this is Selma Stevenson today. I love creating feminine cards and this one was so easy to make with the new ModaScrap Lace Pocket.
First, I am going to explain how to create the Pocket, shown on the left in the photo below.
- Use the Lace Pocket die set and cut one pocket using White Soft Finish Cardstock. Fold back the edges on the score lines.
- Cut a piece of white card stock as wide as the pocket and approximately 3 inches taller than the pocket. The height will depend on the insert you want to add; this will be explained later. Use Clear Double Sided Adhesive, or glue, on the folded-back edges of the pocket, and attach it to the white card stock. The tabs will be inside the pocket. Cut a piece of blue card stock for a backing to the pocket, for a border around the pocket – see photo.
3. Use the Love Birds die set and White Soft Finish Cardstock to die cut Love Birds. Cut off the birds from the branches and color them. I sponged on light blue ink, for a soft effect. To bring out the definition on the birds, use a sharp pencil to draw in the feathers and color the beak. Glue a single black Prill to the eye.
4. Die cut two Leafy Branch 5 pieces from light green cardstock. These will be cut apart to arrange under the flower.
5. In the Susan Garden Club Collection, there are three sizes of Hydrangea die sets. For this card, I used the largest hydrangea, the Susan’s Garden Hydrangea. Create one large hydrangea for the front of the card.
6. Use the Tags & More 7 – Vine die set to die cut the design at the top of a piece of Soft Sky cardstock; this piece will pull out of the pocket.
7. Use the Dancing Butterflies die set to die cut the two lavender butterflies and attach them at the left and right side of the Vine die cut pull-out card. Add a sheer lavender ribbon, centered as shown.
Supplies from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Lavender Soft Finish Cardstock
Card stock for flower – dark purple, lavender, light blue
This is a beautiful card!