It is always fun to spend a day out shopping with a friend. Today I have created a card using the new Row Houses Clear Stamp Set to create a shopping scene. Here is how the card was created.
1. Use permanent black ink and the Row Houses Clear Stamps Set to stamp all of the images onto white cardstock. Color with either markers or watercolors of your choice. Die cut the images, using the matching Row Houses Die Set.
2. Die cut white cardstock and a piece of craft foam with the largest Stitched Ovals die. Craft foam is optional and will add dimension to the oval frame. (Refer to the project photo.)
3. Use the second- and third-largest Stitched Ovals dies to cut a narrow black frame that will be placed inside the white oval.
4. Use the Outdoor Edges die set to cut three different pieces of white cardstock to use for the grassy hills. These need to be long enough to fit behind the oval opening. Color with green watercolors or markers. Glue the pieces together, overlapping slightly, so they will cover approximately 2/3 of the bottom of the oval. Attach a piece of light blue card stock for the sky.
5. Use the Rainbow Sky die set to cut two white cardstock clouds.
6. Use the Corners 1 die set to cut 4 black cardstock corners.
7. Using black ink and a sentiment from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp Set stamp the sentiment. Die cut the sentiment using the Stitched Fishtail Banners die that most closely fits around the words.
You now have all the pieces to complete this little scene.
8. Attach the sky/grass piece to the back of the large white oval frame, using Clear Double Sided Adhesive. (If you have used a layer of craft foam to create a dimensional frame, the Clear Double Sided Adhesive will hold cardstock to it very well.)
9. Arrange the buildings, trees, table and chair pieces on the green portion inside the oval frame. Use Beacon Kids Choice Glue and/or foam tape to attach them.
10. Apply glue to the back of the narrow black oval frame and push it down inside the foam layer of the oval frame as a finishing touch.
11. Adhere the Stitched Banner at an angle across the upper left. Trim off the excess portion of the banner at the edge of the white rectangle.
12. Adhere the four black corners.
13. Adhere the framed picture to a black cardstock side-fold card base. If using Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock, the inside of the card will be white. If using other black cardstock for the card base, add a white rectangle inside the card for writing a personal message, or write with a white opaque ink pen.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Soft Finish Cardstock – White and Black
Markers or watercolors
Thin craft foam sheet in white
I like your instructions but was unable to see the actual card for some reason. My favorite flower is lilacs. The smell of them is amazing.
I love your little town with the bright springy colors! My favorite spring flowers are lilacs.
I love freesias
The Texas Blur Bonnet is my FAVORITE flower.
Blue Bonnet fields are so beautiful in Texas and you can see them all along the highways during the spring.
Spring is in the air when I can enjoy the scent of lilacs as I walk by the lilac bush and pick a few stems to bring home and know the winter is truly over.
Spring is the most hopeful season evidenced by the new blooms on everything. My favorite spring flower is the hyacinth as it is one sent to me to celebrate my first daughter’s birth. It always brings back that precious memory when I smell them.
I love when Spring finally comes and the flowers start blooming. Unfortunately, my allergies don’t always agree, but that’s why there are allergy meds! My favorite flower is the lily. I had stargazer lilies in my wedding bouquet, but I like all lilies. So many fun varieties and colors. <3
I thoroughly enjoy the beauty and fragrance of the wood hyacinth. When I walk by and smell that lovely scent, it just gives me that happy spring feeling.
My favorite Spring flower is the daffodil. For me, it’s yellow petals signals a “Happy Spring”
my favorite spring flower is the crocus
My favorite flower is the tulips.
Also the fast service on line and
phone service was also fast.
All of your cards are beautiful! None are of my favorite spring flower, the hyacinth. Its beauty and fragrance are almost unmatched!
All the spring flowers are gorgeous!
I LOVE everyone’s card ideas.
My favorite spring flower is the
TULIP! You can’t help but smile when you see a Tulip!!
love the idea of row houses nice card
love the idea of row hoses nice card
Hi Selma, I love this card, the ‘scene’ is fabulous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
What an adorable card. I do love the row houses. Thanks for sharing.
Adorable card Selma. Your little town is so sweet.
I just LOVE ur design sense! Darling card…always depend on Selma! ???
Such a cute, adorable card! Grandkids are gonna love this