Hi friends, it’s Sandy Diller here today. Have you ever had an idea that you just couldn’t let go of until you’ve made it? Well, that’s my project today. I issued a challenge to myself to make an Easter Bunny from Elizabeth Craft Designs dies in my collection that does not include a bunny. I’ve used lots of different shapes – hope you enjoy my “self-challenge.” If you decide to try it, I’d love to hear from you.
Here’s what I did.
- Using Stitched Ovals, cut one for base of bunny.
- Using Dotted Scallop Oval, cut 4.
- Using Stitched Circles, cut one for head.
- Using Oval Pull Card, cut 2 circles for cheeks.
- Using small oval from the Accordion Oval, cut 2 pink for inner ear, 2 patterned for feet, 1 pink for tummy. 7 white for ears, arms and feet.
Note: 2 larger ovals are shown on the far right were cut but ended up not being used.
This is a large bunny because a very large tag was used. The bunny can be any size depending on the ovals used.
6. Using the All Seasons Tree, cut top of tree and several flowers.
7. Using Dancing Butterflies, cut 2 butterflies.
8. Using Easter Egg, cut a few Easter eggs.
9. Using the Dandelion Fluff, cut 2.
10. Print out Happy Easter on computer and cut using a tag from the Tag Pivot Card.
11. Using various die sets, cut several clouds and small flowers.
12. Begin by layering ovals for body. Craft foam was used between the first 2 layers to give dimension.
13. After building the ears, glue to circle for head.
14. Attach to body.
15. Finish ears by adding one piece to make ear appear to be flopped over.
16. Add circles for cheeks using foam or foam tape.
17. Assemble feet and add toes. (Shown: Nuvo Crystal Drops for the toes.)
18. Paint a large tag with acrylic paint.
19. Using Outdoor Edges and craft foam or cardstock, cut strips of grass and hills. Add to bottom of tag.
20. Add layers of foam to make bunny level with grass.
21. Cut bottom of bunny off. (optional)
22. Add eyes. (Backing for eyes was punched using a .75 ” punch.)
23. Add nose. A pompom was shown in photo above but later changed to a button, attached with hot glue.
24. Place bunny on top of first 2 layers of grass/hills and then add the final 2 layers on top of bunny.
Now for the fun part:
25. Add top layer to Easter eggs then add all other embellishments.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies Used:
Other Supplies Used:
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Pink and Black Cardstock
Blue Acrylic Paint