Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? It’s Diana here today with a quick and colorful card that is perfect for Valentine’s Day or anytime you want to send some love. This card is great with any colors but I love just adding all the colors – especially since the distress oxides blend so beautifully. The sentiment “Mine! You’re All Mine!” was a perfect fit in the white space. Please read on to see how I made this clean and simple card.
- Trim white card stock to 4 1/8″ by 5 3/8″ for two white layers. On the first sheet, I sponged Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry and Candied Apple in the area you see below. I then stamped the heart outline from Hearts and Love Collection, masking a couple of them so that the hearts could overlap. I then splattered some water on the inked area.
- On the second sheet, I drew a curved V shape with a pencil. This is the window that you see in the card above.
- After cutting out the curved lines and erasing the pencil marks, stamp the sentiment on the bottom of the sheet.
- Flip over the same cut-out sheet and cover with foam tape. Make sure you get the pointy ends so that they will also be popped up once adhered to the stamped and inked sheet.
- Trim a sheet of black card stock to make the 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card base.
- Carefully adhere all the layers together to make the final card.
I hope you enjoy making a quick and simple card sometimes! I know I do – and need to sometime.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Black and white card stock
Distress Oxide Inks – Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry and Candied Apple