Hi Kelly Booth here, I’ve recently been inspired by all the Springtime flowers popping up all over and so I decided to make a birthday card using some colorful flowers using the tiny flower from the Fence Pop Stand die set, Lucky the Rabbit and the Hanging Charm Pull Tab die set. I also used some paper from Through The Lens – Wood , the Flower Stage It Stencil , Lucky Birthday clear stamps and the Stitched Rectangles die set.
1.Start by Cutting 5 pieces of Soft Finish White 100lb card stock 4″1/4″ by 5″1/4. Using the Flower Stage It Stencil lie it down on two of the pieces and randomly ink the area with Twisted Citron,Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers distress ink. See Photo Below:
2. Take the other three pieces and Ink one with the Peacock Feathers, one with the Picked Raspberry and one with the Twisted Citron. See Below:
3. Take some Spring Green Soft Finish card stock and cut two pieces one 4″1/4″ x 5″1/2″ and one 3″1/4 x 4″1/4″. Using the Largest die in the Stitched Rectangles set and one of your stenciled pieces run through the die cutting machine. Using your other stenciled piece cut the hanging Charm Pull Tab Base. Cut one Pull Tab and One Butterfly from your Blue Inked piece, One Frame from your Green Inked piece. ( Keep Leftover pieces for Later) See Photo Below:
4. Put double sided adhesive tape on the back of the large stenciled piece and adhere it to the large Spring Green piece. Take your pull tab piece and fir it through the opening in the pull tab base from the back. Using the 3mm double sided adhesive tape place two strips on each side of the back of the base staying to the outer edge. Place a strip of 6mm double sided tape adhesive on the back of the pull tab platform bottom where the pull tab will attach staying to center. See Photo below:
5. Remove adhesive backing on just the small piece that attaches the pull tab, adhere the pull tab and with your fingers behind the outer frame gently pull up and get the fold going and press it into place. Lay it down onto the small Spring Green piece to see where the sentiment needs to be stamped in the center. See Photo Below: With black ink stamp It’s Somebunny’s Birthday and Hop Hop Hooray ( Note you will gave to stamp firm as we are stamping on the soft finish which has a slight texture). Remove the adhesive backing from the sides of the pull card base and place it onto the Spring Green backing piece centering it.
6. Take the Green inked frame using 3mm double sided adhesive tape strips on the lower half of the frame adhere it onto the Pull Card Base. It is easier to do this with the base pulled up.
8. Cut the following pieces not backed with double sided adhesive.
9. Build your Bunny as shown adding Glitter Dots to the centers of the flowers and the center of the Butterfly making a butterfly body. Using a little liquid glue adhere the balloon string to the front of Lucky’s right hand and adhere the butterfly the same way at the other end of the string. Using a little liquid glue on Lucky and the butterfly balloon adhere him to the frame on your pull card. Last I computer generated the word pull, printed it onto a piece of white soft finish card stock, cut it into a little strip and adhered it onto the top of my pull tab. Your card should now be finished and the front should look like this!
I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial, if you have any questions leave a message in the comment section of this post! thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today and have a Beautiful Day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Twisted Citron distress Inks and blending tool.
Die Cutting Machine