Hello friends – Karen Aicken here with a shimmery card that’s perfect for several different occasions.
I’ve been making cards for almost 25 years, and sometimes I just need a break from the standard A2 size (4-1/4 x 5-1/2″). This is a larger card – 5 x 6.5″, that I purchase in packages at a craft store with a coupon. The package comes with envelopes as well, which is always a concern when you are using a card that isn’t a standard size.
1. Trim Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz to 4-1/2 x 6″. Save the 1/2″ strip for decorating inside the card.
2. Emboss with (my favourite) embossing folder, Swirly Curves. You will have to do this in two parts, just be sure to line up your top cutting plate where the first embossing starts so you’re not flatten what you already embossed. The random swirls in the pattern hide any overlaps or gaps pretty well.
3. Cut black card stock to 4-3/4 x 6-1/4 . Center and adhere the embossed Shimmer Sheetz panel to this using strips of double-sided adhesive.
4. Cut a piece of ribbon 6-1/2″ long, wrapping it around the bottom of the panel about one inch up from the bottom edge. Tape the ends at the back. Cut another piece of ribbon and tie it in a bow on the right side of the ribbon. How long this piece is, depends on the ribbon you use and how you tie your bow. Trim ends.
5. Adhere double-sided adhesive to a piece of white card stock that is big enough to fit the Flower Cutie Peel-Off, the collar and two additional Lady Bugs.
6. Peel off the remaining liner from the double-sided adhesive and transfers the Peel-Offs onto the adhesive as shown in Els’ video HERE. Continue with the steps in the video, pouring on the Silk Microfine Glitter, brushing off the excess and polishing the glitter with your fingers. Then color with your choice of markers – I used Copics for this card. Fussy cut all the pieces.
7. Die cut the HELLO from a piece of Black Velvet Adhesive Sheets and adhere to the card as shown.
8. Arrange your colored Peel-Offs onto your card base as shown, using foam tape for height in places.
9. Cut a 4 x 6 panel of white card stock and mat on a slightly larger panel of black card stock. Adhere inside card along with the strip of blue Shimmer Sheetz from Step 1.
I left the inside of my card blank for now, but you can write a note inside when you send it. Alternatively, you could use one of the Elizabeth Craft Designs word dies to add a “Happy Birthday”, or ‘Thinking of You” etc.
Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope you will take a chance to play with these sweet Peel-Offs too!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
White Card Stock, Black card stock
Blue/green sheer ribbon