It’s Joset here today. I wanted to make a card using one of our new dies. Since the Rubber Ducky is my absolute favorite, I decided to use this die for my card. I also used the Accordion Fancy Label since the size of the label frame it perfect for the duck. I will explain the other products I used in the instruction and you can also find them in the supply list at the bottom of this post. I hope you enjoy today’s card.
1. Die cut Ducky’s body and 1 wing out of yellow paper. Die cut beak out of orange paper and floating ring out of green patterned paper. Adhere beak, wing and band as shown. Die cut 1 eye out of black cardstock and adhere using a small piece of adhesive behind the hole that was cut for his eye. Die cut another eye out of white cardstock to get the small white dot and adhere to the center of the eye.
2. Die cut 2 Accordion Fancy Label pages out of bright green cardstock and 2 out of the patterned paper. Cut the long side tab from the 2 patterned pages and the Fancy label on the inside to create 2 open frames. We’ll use one of the labels to decorate the inside of the card.
3. Die cut 1 Fancy label out of white cardstock using the largest accessory die from the Accordion Fancy Label set. Also die cut 1 smaller label out of Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz. This is one of the new color Shimmer Sheetz, available mid-July. Emboss with the Lots of Dots embossing folder and lightly sand the raised dots.
4. Die cut Happy Birthday from Yellow Velvet Adhesive Sheets. Die cut grass out of green cardstock using one of the new Outdoor Edges by Karen Burniston. These edges are so cool and can be used for anything, decorative borders, snow, rolling hills, to create a forest, etc. The set includes 3 different edges.
5. To decorate the front of the card, die cut 2 circle edges out of blue cardstock using the circle edge die included in the Fancy Seasons Frame Edges set. Die cut 2 more out of yellow cardstock.
Here you can see all the die cut pieces for the card (note: my 2 grass borders are not shown on the picture as I decided to add these later):
6. To assemble your card, attach the two bright green accordion pages using double-sided adhesive on the long side tab. Adhere all the rest of your die cuts as shown in the picture shown at the start of this blog post. Once you’re done decorating your card, attach the 2 small side tabs. Trim the small side tabs of your right page. For more info on how to assemble an Accordion Card, watch Karen demonstrating the cards HERE.
7. Adhere frame edges to the front of the card as shown in the picture below.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
771 Accordion Fancy Label
907 Fancy Seasons Frame Edges (available mid-July)
914 Outdoor Edges (available mid-July)
920 Rubber Ducky (available mid-July)
783 Happy Birthday
E114 Lots of Dots Embossing Folder
SS 0230 Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz (available mid-July)
503 Double-Sided Adhesive
401 Yellow Velvet Adhesive Sheets
Bright green, green, black and white cardstock
Patterned paper: BoBunny Lemonade Stand collection