Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. I love the new Pop it Ups Halloween Collection! I had an idea to connect Midnight the Bat at the wings – like a paper chain. This idea could also be used with butterflies! Let me show you how I made this card.
1. For the base, die cut the pieces shown below:
- (3) Accordion Rectangles from orange card stock. Cut off all of the little tabs on the long tab on the last panel.
- Place the oval die from Oval Accordion as shown to die cut all pieces. On the first panel place the oval die towards the right and towards the left on the last panel. I used scissors to cut off the bottom piece on the center panel. Cut off all the small tabs and the long tab on the last panel. Tip: be sure to keep the oval die under the tab so you don’t cut into the tab.
2. Die cut the pieces shown below
- (2) Accordion Rectangles from green cardstock. Keep the cardstock in the die, use a black marker to trace in the stitches. Use scissors to remove the center area and long tabs.
- (4) of each size Katie Stars Frame Edge from gray cardstock. Tip: apply Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to the cardstock prior to die cutting to make adhering them quicker.
- (1) word bubble from Accordion Rectangle. Selectively ink “Spooky Greetings” using a black marker and stamp onto word bubble.
3. Die cut the following pieces shown below
- (5) detail layers of Midnight the Bat from black cardstock. Fold up the wings at the arch and adhere them all together like a chain.
- (5) sets of eyes from Chilly the Penguin from white cardstock (not shown). Optional: use a green marker to color in the eyes around the pupil.
- (5) bow ties from silver glitter cardstock.
- (1) small bat from black cardstock.
- (1) detail layer of the pumpkin from orange cardstock.
- (1) shadow layer of the pumpkin from black cardstock.
- (1) stem/leaf from green cardstock.
- (2) small circles from Ring Accordion (not shown).
4. Assemble the base card
- Lay both panels out with the tabs to the right. Add Clear Double Sided Tape to the long tabs and adhere to the panel on the right.
- Adhere Katie Star Frame Edges and green Accordion Rectangles die cut in step 2.
- Adhere stamped sentiment from step 2 in the center panel at the top.
- Adhere all die cut pieces from step 3 using photos for placement.
- Accordion fold Midnight the Bat. Place a small amount of adhesive on the first panel (middle area) and adhere Midnight. Keep Midnight folded, fold the card then place a small amount of adhesive on the last panel (middle area) and adhere Midnight.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock from Stampin’ Up!
Black Marker from Stampin’ Up!