A big summer hello! It’s Suzanne here today with a card that is quickly becoming my “go to” card for its ease of assembly and its ability to look completely different depending on the words you choose and how you coordinate your patterned papers. In addition to Summer Friends, shown above, there are more samples right after the supply list, so be sure to take a peek!
For today’s card, I chose to combine Summer and Friends in light summery cottage colours, but it would be simple to convert this into a birthday or anniversary card. The addition of the flourish from Calligraphic Elements is perfect underneath a word (like Friends or Thanks) where the die has no “built in” flourish under the word.
Here is how I made this cheery baby!
- Form a tent-fold card base measuring 6 ½” wide x 5 ½” high from solid colour cardstock.
- Cut a panel ¼” smaller than the card front all around (6” x 5”) from patterned paper and adhere to base using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Cut a panel measuring 5 ½” x 4 ¼” from a contrasting patterned paper, as shown, or from solid colour cardstock. Place Agatha border centered across the 5 1/2″ width, pointing downward, approximately 1” from bottom edge. Tape in place with removable tape (make sure it’s straight!) and cut in order to split the panel.
- Separate the pieces and adhere the two parts of the split panel to the card front so there is a gap of approximately ½” between them. Adhere the upper and lower panels to the card front with foam adhesive for dimension.
- Die cut Summer from dark solid colour cardstock. Die cut Friends twice – once from patterned paper and once from dark solid colour cardstock. Also die cut one flourish from dark solid colour cardstock with the die from the Calligraphic Elements set. Layer the Friends diecuts, slightly offsetting them to form a drop shadow illusion. Adhere to the upper split panel using clear foam adhesive. Adhere the other diecuts with Glue Dots as shown.
It’s that easy! Thanks for having a look. If you scroll down to the bottom of this post, you can see some other variations of this card. Happy creating! Suzanne
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Kool Tak 3D Clear Foam Roll
Glue Dots – Micro
Bo Bunny Rose Café 12×12 Collection Pack