Designed by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for the Elizabeth Craft Designs DT.
Making the Card
1. Cut card base from white cardstock, 4 1/4 inches by 11 inches and fold in half.
2. Mask beyond the fold (back of card) with Post-It Tape or other masking material.
3. Create flower masks: cut various masks using the flower dies listed in the Supplies list from Post-It Tape or other masking material. Keep both the positive masks (the flowers) and the negative masks (the outlines of the flowers).
4. Starting from the left and moving right across the card as shown: mask an area with a negative mask, use the blending tool and ink to fill in the mask working from the outside to the inside of the flower. Remove mask to reveal flower. To create the 2nd layer, use another negative mask, offset it from the first, choose a coordinating color and ink it. Hint: use paper or more masking material to cover the rest of the card to prevent mishaps.
5. Put the matching positive masks over the already inked layers and repeat the process until the flowers go all the way across the card.
6. Adhere enamel dots to the flower centers.
7. Cut Happy Birthday sentiment out of red cardstock. Cut a banner out of pink vellum. Adhere enamel dots and sentiment to banner as shown. Adhere to card using dimensional tape hidden behind dots and letters.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 728 Bunch of Flowers 1 Dies
- 729 Bunch of Flowers 2 Dies
- 701 Flower Set 1 Dies
- 725 Flower Set 3 Dies
- 717 Happy Birthday Die
- White Cardstock, Red Cardstock
- Post-It Tape or other masking material
- Pink Vellum
- Distress Ink, various bright colors
- Ink Blending Tool and Foam
- Enamel Dots
- Dimensional Tape