Here’s another peek at a couple new releases. This is a fun inlay technique for dies. The only trick is to be sure to keep all the small pieces of background (kraft) card stock when you die cut the words.
Created by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for Elizabeth Craft Designs.
Making the Card
1. Cut kraft card stock to 4 1/4 inches by 11 inches; fold in half to form card base. Cut another piece of kraft card stock to 3 3/4 inches by 5 inches. Cut a piece of black card stock to 4 inches by 5 1/4 inches.
2. Lightly measure and draw lines lengthwise across the 3 3/4 x 5 piece of kraft card stock, starting from the top, every 3/4ths of an inch. Use these to line up your word dies. Die cut words with spacing as shown. Be careful to keep all the small pieces from the words. Use the leaf and berries from the Snowman Die Set to fill in as shown.
3. Die cut the words in red, green and yellow card stock.
4. Apply adhesive around the back edges of the die cut kraft card stock. Apply adhesive all over the black card stock leaving about a quarter inch around the edges. You want enough to cover all places where the die cuts will go but none on the edges that will show.
5. Center and adhere the die cut kraft card stock onto the black paper. You should see the adhesive through the holes (if not, use a small amount of liquid adhesive in those areas). Puzzle piece the colored die cut words, leaves, and berries where they fit. Once the words have been adhered, add the small background pieces (e.g. the inside of the “o”). Erase pencil lines drawn earlier.
6. Apply adhesive to back of black card stock. Tie a length of twine around the bottom; be sure to leave enough to tie an offset bow on the front. Center and adhere to card base. Hint: if the bow loops do not cooperate, use a small amount of liquid adhesive under the loops.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
- 944 Merry Christmas Die (Available mid-July)
- 945 Season’s Greetings Die (Available mid-July)
- 929 Snowman Die Set (Available mid-July)
- 501 Double Sided Adhesive
- Kraft, Black, Red, Green, Yellow Card Stock
- Black/Kraft Twine
- Liquid Adhesive