Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel here today. When I first saw Elizabeth Craft Designs’ new die set called Crystal Flowers set 1, I couldn’t wait to create a card showcasing how beautiful they are.
I used several 2014 Summer Release dies for this card, including the Circle Spiral Pull Card for the base. Let me show you how I made this card, simply change the colors and sentiment to suit your needs.
1. Cut pattern paper at 5 x 8 and score at 4 to form a finished base card of 5 x 5.
2. Line the Circle Spiral Pull Card alignment nubs on the score line and die cut. Cut a spiral (included in Circle Spiral Pull Card) from the same pattern paper.
3. Die cut 1 of each size solid shaped Crystal Flowers from Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz.
Die cut 1 one of each size overlay from paper that has Double Sided Adhesive on it. From green paper die cut 2 Holly Borders as shown in the picture below.
4. Remove release sheet from the 2 Crystal Flower overlays and 2 flower centers, cover with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter, shake off excess and polish with your finger. Adhere overlay to Crystal Flower solid shapes and adhere flower centers.
5. Using Candle die, cut 3 pine springs, 2 triple berries, 1 single berry and 1 poinsettia (including circle) on paper that has Double Sided Adhesive on it. Cut 2 holly leaves from green paper.
See picture below.
6. Remove release sheet from all pieces cut in step 5 and cover with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter, shake off excess and polish with your finger.
7. Using Holiday House, die cut 1 green small decorator door (I used this as a tag). Place Merry Christmas Peel-Off Sticker and star on tag.
8. Adhere Spiral end only to the circle area using liquid glue or a glue dot. To glue the other end, place a glue dot or liquid glue at the end of the spiral and close card to adhere, this will ensure perfect placement.
9. Use Glitter Dots for the berries on both of the Holly Borders. Cut one of the Holly Border die cuts into small pieces and adhere to several places on the spiral as shown. Adhere poinsettia and tag to spiral as shown.
10. Adhere Holly Border to the left side of card.
11. Adhere largest Crystal Flower and 2 pine sprigs to front circle. Adhere smaller Crystal Flower and 1 pine sprig to top right corner of card.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out for yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products:
922 Crystal Flower Overlay Set 1
SS 0229 Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
614 True Red Silk Microfine Glitter
351 Gold Merry Christmas Peel-Off Sticker
Pattern Paper from Authentique
Don’t you just love the new delicate dies!? Pretty card!
Oh Raquel – this is SO pretty! I love how you used the yellow Shimmer Sheetz for the flower base, and the way you decorated the spiral inside. Wonderful card!!
Gorgeous card Raquel
What a gorgeous Christmas card, Raquel! I love all the glittery details! Xxx